i know there are lots of threads probably discussing this but please i am in trouble. i tried installing nitdroid MANUALLY by createing a 2g partition in my docs as shown by the nitdroid thread. i mistakenly inputted something i wasnt suppose to and xterm showed "partition 1 altered. boot will start from partition 4". and it rebooted and wont boot again help

well
may you should think about reflashing your phone.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to kurtyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
If you have Backupmenu installed, you could try to fix your partitioning and file systems from a Linux-PC with gpartrd.
I am away from my PC, thus i am not able with to provide you with a link, but you might search the Wiki for 'Repartitioning'. http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning...ng_made_simple

Last edited by michaaa62; 2012-07-23 at 17:07. Reason: The Link

okay ill try reflashing

ok guys i reflashed my phone but got an no image error on screen, so i reflashed and it stops at the black screen. hel pls. i love this phone, i dont want to loose it.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Right now my crystal ball is missing...
Please describe the setup (OS of your PC) you use, post the error messages, during flashing the device, could you remember the error message. We need any info you are able to provide.

If your partitioning is corrupted, the boot up may really take some time, because of the file system check the system is doing in the background. How long did you leave it running with the black screen?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
my bad i was flashing the vanilla only. i read the instructions again and reflashed using vanilla and combined. i got my phone working!! thanks guys. am presently restoring my backup as i am posting this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aadags For This Useful Post: