Notices

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by thp View Post
The font size can already be changed. If you mean the spacing between lines, this cannot be changed (yet?).
Thanks. This would be a nice feature and can be easily manipulated through css if that's how billboard controls its text.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
thp, billboard doesn't work with N9 quicktweak option F2 and meecast and billboard all at the same time...

It caused a reboot loop.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
thp, billboard doesn't work with N9 quicktweak option F2 and meecast and billboard all at the same time...

It caused a reboot loop.
I highly doubt that Bilboard can be the reason for a reboot loop. What is "quicktweak option F2"? Try this for each of the apps listed above in isolation:
  • Reflash
  • Install the app
  • Reboot (with charger disconnected so it really reboots)

If you can't find the culprit using this method, start with one app, and install a second one, always reflashing at the beginning and rebooting after each installation. If you can't reproduce it at all after a reflash, even with all apps installed, chances are that the reboot loop was not caused by these apps.

Given that nobody else has reported a reboot loop before, I assume that it was just bad luck or a combination of factors independent of either of these apps. If you can reproduce the reboot loop by reflashing and simply installing all apps, without doing any other tweaks, please let me know.

I'm not saying that it is impossible, but rather that I find it very unlikely and have made sure that Billboard is as safe as possible (really, if it really dies for some reason, you just won't get an updated billboard screen, and ideally even the old operator logo is removed). Just don't say "It causes a reboot loop" until you have verified that after a clean reflash and reinstalls, it is caused by the apps and not by some tweaking that was maybe done several weeks ago.

Again, if you can reproduce this reboot loop, let me know how and I'll investigate.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
I highly doubt that Bilboard can be the reason for a reboot loop. What is "quicktweak option F2"? Try this for each of the apps listed above in isolation:
  • Reflash
  • Install the app
  • Reboot (with charger disconnected so it really reboots)

If you can't find the culprit using this method, start with one app, and install a second one, always reflashing at the beginning and rebooting after each installation. If you can't reproduce it at all after a reflash, even with all apps installed, chances are that the reboot loop was not caused by these apps.

Given that nobody else has reported a reboot loop before, I assume that it was just bad luck or a combination of factors independent of either of these apps. If you can reproduce the reboot loop by reflashing and simply installing all apps, without doing any other tweaks, please let me know.

I'm not saying that it is impossible, but rather that I find it very unlikely and have made sure that Billboard is as safe as possible (really, if it really dies for some reason, you just won't get an updated billboard screen, and ideally even the old operator logo is removed). Just don't say "It causes a reboot loop" until you have verified that after a clean reflash and reinstalls, it is caused by the apps and not by some tweaking that was maybe done several weeks ago.

Again, if you can reproduce this reboot loop, let me know how and I'll investigate.
Figured it out, caused by N9quicktweak....

If you want to change the color of your clock it has to be done manually with billboard.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Figured it out, caused by N9quicktweak....

If you want to change the color of your clock it has to be done manually with billboard.
You can change the color of the clock with billboard? Why am I not seeing this option?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
^^^ no he means to say when u want to change the clock colour with billboard installed his tests showed that you should do it manually instead of using n9qtweak...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
^^^ no he means to say when u want to change the clock colour with billboard installed his tests showed that you should do it manually instead of using n9qtweak...
Yeah what happened was I tried to change it via N9tweak and for some reason it didnt agree with my N9, now I just do it manually, instead of depend on N9tweak.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Billboard is working better than ever for my limited purposes. The only limitation is that I rarely listen to music but to audiobooks, with the Audiobook Reader program, which has advantages over the music player. Billboard never displays the name of the audiobook I am listening to.

Any idea how I can get Billboard to display the Audiobook Reader selection that is playing? Right now I am using

{song? ★ }{song-artist}{song?
☊ }{song-title}

whats new in 1.05?? Only see {ip}, its that all?

And, where I can get these ★ ☊ symbols? What font is it?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nicodonte View Post
whats new in 1.05?? Only see {ip}, its that all?
Yes, 1.0.5's only new feature is support for {ip}.

Originally Posted by nicodonte View Post
And, where I can get these ★ ☊ symbols? What font is it?
That's the default font. Just copy'n'paste the symbols from here into the app, and they will display correctly (they are characters from the Unicode character set with valid glyphs in the default Nokia Pure font).

See here for more (not guaranteed that all these work, it depends on the font): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscellaneous_Symbols

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: