Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Also note menus (Playlist/Artists/Songs etc..) backspace doesn't go back to the mainscreen.
That was a conscious decision, justified by the inability to quickly return to the music window without taking fingers off the keyboard. Now it will be possible with Q, so I will make Backspace work too.

What is the best thing to do with the Left and Right keys?
Skip tracks or cursor move?
Left and Right alrady skip tracks, but only in Now Playing window for local audio (in video NPW they are used for controlling position and radio NPW doesn't have shortcuts at all). NPW aside, when browsing videos in newest-to-oldest mode or albums, all arrows are needed for navigation, so I'd rather not give them any special role in the windows which only have a one-dimensional list, just for the sake of uniformity.

Originally Posted by the_envy View Post
1) Is there a possibility to download all lyrics for my songs automatically at once (not one by one) and then keep it locally on n900?
No, I don't want to abuse lyrics providers (at least ChartLyrics explicitly states that they don't want mass downloads). If you have lots of lyrics already downloaded through some other player, it might be possible to import them to OMP in the future, when offline plugins are implemented ("OMP pre-20120803 offline cache" is just an exception hardcoded in the plugins manager).

2) I know OMP is capable of playing flac media format, however, I have only one song in .flac format and it doesn't show in omp while browsing it, however, it reads it no problem from File Manager. What can be a problem here?
If it can play the file fine, the solution might be as simple as reinstalling ogg-support or extra-decoders-support. If it fails to play the file, this might be more complicated. Estel had a similar problem and somehow managed to solve it: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1158.

One option that I feel would be handy is a button to delete the lyrics cache.
Probably will appear in the nearest update.

Since the last update the automatic pause and unpause with headset seems to have disappeared. Am I the only one experiencing this??
Just checked it and works fine here. However, it happened to me once in the past. I tracked it down to HAL's D-Bus interface that looked suspiciously empty. I tried to restart HAL, what unfortunately resulted in a reboot, but the problem was gone afterwards.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
That was a conscious decision, justified by the inability to quickly return to the music window without taking fingers off the keyboard. Now it will be possible with Q, so I will make Backspace work too.
Cool

Left and Right alrady skip tracks, but only in Now Playing window for local audio (in video NPW they are used for controlling position and radio NPW doesn't have shortcuts at all). NPW aside, when browsing videos in newest-to-oldest mode or albums, all arrows are needed for navigation, so I'd rather not give them any special role in the windows which only have a one-dimensional list, just for the sake of uniformity.
Makes sense

Probably will appear in the nearest update.
Sounds good.

Just checked it and works fine here. However, it happened to me once in the past. I tracked it down to HAL's D-Bus interface that looked suspiciously empty. I tried to restart HAL, what unfortunately resulted in a reboot, but the problem was gone afterwards.
Reboot sorted it, ta.
First time this has happened to me.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Just want to say Thank You. I've been using OMP as my only mp3 player for a while now.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
About the volume keys as someone suggested to make them skip track.. So, press = +- volume and hold = next/prev track, how about it?

Nice job so far!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
it can be even simplier: volume rocker is used for track skipping only when the phone is locked and it's working as it is when the phone is in normal unlocked mode. So for example, you can skip tracks in your pocket whithout even pulling out n900 and if you want to change the volume you can open the keyboard to unlock it (or lock switch) and then use volume keys for their regular use.

This way you don't have to get out your phone each time you want to skip track. And of course it would be better if this option would be optional as somebody may not like it.

I'm not the creator of the idea! it's used the same way in SomePlayer, which you can give ia try and see for yourself how it works.

Hello again people!
Just wanted to report a small glitch I'm having with OMP's headphones' pause - when I put out the headphones the music isn't paused immediately and instead plays through speakers for about a sec or half a sec which looks a bit weird to me, am I the only one experiencing this?

@gidzzz
Thank you for helping out with decoders, I reinstalled them and the song now displays in OMP, yeah!

Also, is there any possibility to make files in File Manager open in OMP by default without opening it first?

Originally Posted by Skry View Post
About the volume keys as someone suggested to make them skip track.. So, press = +- volume and hold = next/prev track, how about it?
I don't have it in my nearest plans. But if it ever gets implemented, I'll try to use as many "gestures" as possible (well, probably there's no sense in more than 5, right?: volume +/-, track +/-, toggle playback).

Just wanted to report a small glitch I'm having with OMP's headphones' pause - when I put out the headphones the music isn't paused immediately and instead plays through speakers for about a sec or half a sec which looks a bit weird to me, am I the only one experiencing this?
It's immediate in my case, but some delay is possible. You can disable "Prevent playback interruptions" in the settings and see if it reduces the latency.

Also, is there any possibility to make files in File Manager open in OMP by default without opening it first?
I think you should use search more often. http://wiki.maemo.org/Open_Media_Pla...t_media_player

I didn't want to drown in the changelog, so I decided to already push yet another update.
  • Extensive usage of keyboard shortcuts.
  • Added an option to clear lyrics cache.
  • Fixed shuffle button sometimes not resizing properly after rotating to portrait.
  • Prevented context menu from popping up for shuffle buttons.
  • Fixed the song count of automatic playlists not being refreshed immediately.
  • Fixed shuffle mode not turning off when selecting a song in UPnP view.
  • Fixed wrong positions of some context menus.
  • Repositioned the playback indicator to sit exactly in the corner.
  • Prevented editing of headers that was possible in some lists.

As you can see, there are two new features. Cache clearing is self-explanatory, but keyboard shortcuts require a more detailed description. Writing everything down in this post would be rather tedious, so I'll point you straight to the wiki. Here I'll only say that for most uses it's possible to control OMP with just the keyboard. I'm planning to add a few more shortcuts later and I'm also tuning to suggestions, if there are any.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
@gidzz

Nice update!

Thank you for the headphone's solution, works fine now

and for pointing at wiki,found a solution there.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Thanks for the latest update. May I point out a few observations.

OMP has got a little more hungry.
RAM usage has increased and CPU seems to be doing more work, over the last version. Will know after a couple of days if battery time is affected.

The keyboard shortcuts are very handy, will take a little bit to get use to the key mappings.
Some useful additions could be Ctrl / Up & Down as volume, Ctrl / Z = jump to sleep timer, Ctrl / X = jump to settings and Ctrl / C = Close OMP

A few keyboard button related issues:-
Holding down keyboard buttons causes 100% CPU and complete confusion, especially skip tracks (which I expected to fast forward/rewind not skip 50+ tracks in one go) same for shuffle, repeat etc.

If the Menu bar is down, keyboard shortcuts don't work as listed.
Space is enter and arrows move the cursor around the menubar.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
OMP has got a little more hungry.
RAM usage has increased and CPU seems to be doing more work, over the last version. Will know after a couple of days if battery time is affected.
May I know how you came to such conclusion? I see no difference when comparing two simultaneously running instances of OMP in htop. I even compared with an ancient version from before OMP entered repositories, but I still don't know what you mean.

Holding down keyboard buttons causes 100% CPU and complete confusion, especially skip tracks (which I expected to fast forward/rewind not skip 50+ tracks in one go) same for shuffle, repeat etc.
I assume that you're speaking of buttons which actually do something (otherwise I don't think it's a problem with OMP). I will disable key repeating for some shortcuts.

If the Menu bar is down, keyboard shortcuts don't work as listed.
Space is enter and arrows move the cursor around the menubar.
Hmmm... I don't remember listing any shortcuts for that. If you press Shift+Enter, you should get a keyboard-friendly version of that menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse