Active Topics

Can anybody suggest me how to play flv files stored in my nokia n900 in the media player.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Extra decoders package adds support for flv and additional file formats in media player. Search for it in App Manager.

More info here - http://maemo.org/packages/view/decoders-support/

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
archebyte posted in the 'N900 Video Player more codecs thread?'

Navigate to the file in the File Manager, click on the file to open the 'open with' dialog. select Media Player.

How do i add this repository to my catalogue for the decoders?

I was able to play the files without the open with dialog but for the past few days after i have installed some apps i get the open with dialog.

Apparently, life isn't such a peach as we'd like it to be. While installing Extra Decoders Support enabled the Media Player to play a few additional formats, FLV is still not working. Is there another package that it relies on (the word "container" confuses me, as if there should be something else to put into this container)?

Please, comment on possible reasons for FLV not to work with Extra Decoders Support installed. I already uninstalled it and installed it. No dice. Then I uninstalled it and installed the one from Extras-Testing. Still no dice. Mplayer made a faint attempt to play FLV but recognized by far not all FLV files I had and could normally play only one. Mplayer is gone now.

=========================
Added an hour later:
My bad, it doesn't play WMV either. Extra Decoders Support claims that, doesn't it?

Last edited by parahumanoid; 2012-08-06 at 10:50.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
km player with mplayer and extra codec package

Funny. It all came down to video size. FLV created by the cutube plays without a hitch. The ones that came from the PC don't.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
get extra decoder and mplayer!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Is having kernel power having a negative effect on video opening performance? I sometimes seem to have a point where no videos are to be opened anymore with kp50 (which reboot kinda solves). While stock kernel seems to do better [extra decoders installed].
btw I have vlc installed as well which I like

Last edited by 7thd; 2012-08-07 at 05:29.