Active Topics

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Requires Inception or open-mode!

Since I own a N950 I'm looking into ways to get as many system components into landscape as possible.

So I've recompiled the control panel with some slight changes to enable landscape. There are some issues with applets in landscape, which I initally wanted to resolve at the source, but $average user can't compile the widgets (even though most are LGPL) because they have a hidden dependency on libcontentmanager (ContentItemsSheet) which is closed. So I had to add various css hacks into the main controlpanel container to fix them.

Because the latest avaiable flashable image for the N950 is the pr1.2 beta, the code is based on the pr1.2 code from gitorious.

Debs can be found here (duicontrolpanel, libduicontrolpanel and duicontrolpanel-l10n-engineering-english are required).
Source can be found as tarball or on github.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
have you seen this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85456

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ India
Have you thought of changing Phone/ Contacts app to Landscape on N9 with PR 1.3?

Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
Since I own a N950 I'm looking into ways to get as many system components into landscape as possible.
This has been done already in a generic way. Please take a look at this thread and the related support page.

Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
So I've recompiled the control panel with some slight changes to enable landscape.
When done that way each application needs to be modified separately. When done on the libmeegotouch level as done in the patch above, all applications benefit at the same time. The user only needs to replace one package and can then decide which applications should rotate and which should not by setting GConf key values. A supplementary package with fixes to many applications and reasonable defaults is provided. This way not only Settings but applications like Clock rotate:

Originally Posted by logonaniket View Post
Have you thought of changing Phone/ Contacts app to Landscape on N9 with PR 1.3?
The patch mentioned above achieves this and more. Here's the Phone application in landscape:

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
have you seen this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85456
You probably meant this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85425

Last edited by Vesuri; 2012-08-10 at 09:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post: