Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by moose46 View Post
You aren't on the East coast are you?
I am every now and then....

More west coast

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Just wanted to say Thanks for this guide. I bought an N9 through telcel in Mexico and already knew that it wouldn't be updated beyond PR1.1, so I followed the guide and updated to PR1.2 and it worked beautifully. Even auto-updated when PR1.3 came around for my variant. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ sjdm,bulacan,philippines
is it possible to reflash the device without deleting pictures, music, videos, contacts?

Originally Posted by ricardo8 View Post
is it possible to reflash the device without deleting pictures, music, videos, contacts?
Yes you can without flashing the mmc card.

Originally Posted by Phoenix_N9 View Post
Yes you can without flashing the mmc card.
how? which command?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
you have to only flash main.bin (look first post) as it written there. No deleting home.
If you flash emmc.bin also home will be restored. In Home you have your personal information.

But every flash is better to make a backup and safed in one PC

pls help me..
how can use these commands in windows? as the instructions are only for linux.. http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state
please help me

Can I go from pr1.3 to pr1.1 and if yes with what command?
sorry for my bad English I want to do that because I had some issues and sometimes it restart itself and asking password and I want if it is able video player plays smooth as before!

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
COMPREHENSIVE FIRMWARE FLASHING GUIDE
for the NOKIA N9

"Reflashing" your phone with the original Nokia firmware can solve many problems and is necessary in a number of circumstances, but a lack of documentation has resulted in a lot of misinformation and confusion. Hopefully, this guide will demystify the process and help bring ailing N9s back to life.

Warning: Improperly using flasher could damage your phone and void your warranty. However, following these directions precisely to use flasher to install "stock" Nokia firmware images is quite safe, and can fix problems that would otherwise require warranty service. In any case, flashing your phone is at your own risk. Do not use this guide if you aren't somewhat familiar with the command prompt/terminal on your operating system. While many users have experienced success with this process, it is not officially recommended by Nokia in any way. Read the entire guide before you start.

Warning: Installation of generic firmware images on certain carrier-branded phones seems to be blocked - if you're currently running a carrier-branded firmware image, it's recommended to wait for more details.

Warning: Do not modify the product code of your N9. Doing so is not necessary to replace your phone's firmware, and some programs for changing the code could cause problems (namely NSS Pro).

SELECTING A FIRMWARE IMAGE (N9 SPECIFIC)

Main firmware images for the Nokia N9 are divided up into "variants" by regions of the world. Except for carrier-branded variants and the 003 (China) firmware, these images are more or less the same.

• 001 - Europe (1), Latin/South America, South Africa
  • 003 - China
  • 005 - Asia/Pacific (incl. Australia/New Zealand, excl. China)
  • 006 - Middle East
  • 009 - Europe (2)
  • 2xx, 3xx, 4xx - "Country Variant" and carrier-branded images

Downgrades of firmware are normally blocked by the phone. Whether something is a "downgrade" is determined by comparing the entire version strings of the old and new firmware versions, which include the variant code, from left to right. As a result, the variant code must be the same or higher unless you also upgrade the firmware version at the same time. For example:

• PR 1.1 variant 009 to PR 1.1 variant 003: Blocked
  • PR 1.1 variant 003 to PR 1.1 variant 009: Allowed
  • PR 1.1 variant 009 to PR 1.2 variant 001: Allowed
  • PR 1.1.1 variant 006 to PR 1.2 variant 005: Allowed
  • PR 1.2 variant 001 to PR 1.1 variant 001: Blocked
so if i from pr1.2 variant 263 to pr1.3 variant 005 allowed?
if cant allow so can i change the product code from nss?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by yongjie View Post
so if i from pr1.2 variant 263 to pr1.3 variant 005 allowed?
if cant allow so can i change the product code from nss?
is pr1.2 263 variant a Chinese variant ? If so then after flashing pr1.3 you might need cmt from the Chinese variant ... Its not advisable to change product codes...

Tags
flashing, nokia n9