Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
is pr1.2 263 variant a Chinese variant ? If so then after flashing pr1.3 you might need cmt from the Chinese variant ... Its not advisable to change product codes...
no ...that is singapore singtel version....that dont have available to update to pr1.3~so i need think another way to flash it to pr1.3~
so can i flash it?
and wat thn mean of the cmt from the chinese variant?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
ok in that case just flash 05j238 for 64gb pr1.3 it comes with SEAP maps too...

ok in that case just flash 05j238 for 64gb pr1.3 it comes with SEAP maps too...
so that mean i flash it to 05j238 will not bricked it?

yes remember to download pr1.3 i.e. The Fw starting with 40.xxx

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
ok~i will try it nw~thx....

i flash it..bt y feel more lagging thn be4?

Give it some time to index everything...

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
COMPREHENSIVE FIRMWARE FLASHING GUIDE
for the NOKIA N9

PREPARE TO FLASH

If your phone has a low battery charge (less than 50%), plug it in and let it charge for a while. Then, make sure your phone is disconnected from any USB cables (including USB chargers). Power off the phone.

Go to the Flasher download site and download/install the version for your operating system (WinFlasher_3.12.1.exe, MacFlasher_3.12.1.dmg, flasher_3.12.1_i386.deb, or flasher_3.12.1_amd64.deb). Do not use Flasher 3.5 - it isn't compatible with the N9/N950. You can skip this step if you've already installed Flasher.

On Windows, open a Command Prompt with Administrator permissions (with UAC, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator). On Linux, open a root shell (sudo -i/su). Change to the directory containing the firmware images you downloaded.

On Windows, run set PATH="C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher;%PATH%" in order to add Flasher to the system path.

FLASH THE PHONE

Run the following command, then connect the phone to your PC.

Code:
flasher -i
The current firmware version of your phone should appear. It is now time to flash.

Use the following list to determine which of the steps below you need to use to accomplish a particular task:

• Upgrade operating system: Replace operating system
  • Recover from damaged OS install: Replace operating system
  • "Unbrick" phone: Replace operating system or Comprehensive reset
  • Reset back to a "clean slate": Comprehensive reset
  • De-brand phone: Comprehensive reset
  • Prepare for enabling open mode: Comprehensive reset
  • Disable open mode: Comprehensive reset
  • Prepare for selling, recycling, or destroying phone: Zeroize device
  • Clear data before returning phone for warranty service (if possible): Zeroize device
  • Reset device lock code: Zeroize device

Note that you should replace main.bin and emmc.bin in the commands with the actual names of the image files you are flashing.

Comprehensive reset (destroys user data)

The following commands will remove all data from your phone and restore it to factory state. The provided content files (sample music, wallpaper, etc.) will be restored.

Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc
Have few doubts since am using all this for the first time... Early apologies for stupid questions...

1. Do I need to change location for downloaded files to Flasher..!?

2. Is it possible to change both downloaded file names to main.bin and emmc.bin !?

3. In Windows 7, cmd.., which directory should I be in while processing all flashing commands..!!?

4. Comprehensive reset is the right method for factory reset, right..!? Have no intention to change my product code. Just need my phone to be factory restored. Everything erased including app data, contacts etc.. All personal data backed up.. (I am flashing since I have problems with missing shortcuts issue in menu, no twitter notification and few glitches here and there...).

Thank you..

PR 1.3 N9 Mac OS quick help:

Thought it might be helpful to quickly post how to flash firmware and eMMC in N9 using Mac OS X since it took me a little while to figure out how to do both in one shot.

1) Get Flasher 3.5 for Mac (info in 1st post)

2) Get LATEST firmware image and eMMC image from Navifirm and store them on your desktop. Make sure Nokia Care Suit is selected in Navifirm by highlighting the 2nd drop-down menu item in Navifirm window and highlight the 1st item and select Nokia Care Suit.
Watch this youtube video for instructions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoycnlhBzq0

3) Run Terminal and just type this:
Code:
Flasher -F /Users/"Your User Name"/Desktop/DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -F /Users/"Your User Name"/Desktop/DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.LTA_EMMC_LTA.bin -f
Hit enter.

4) Make sure your N9 is off and plug it in

5) Don't disconnect the N9! Wait for update process to finish and then when it does enter
Code:
Flasher -R
it will reboot your N9. You may disconnect once you see your N9 booting up.

Last edited by isfr21; 2012-08-23 at 21:00.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by MhedYaseen View Post
Have few doubts since am using all this for the first time... Early apologies for stupid questions...

1. Do I need to change location for downloaded files to Flasher..!?
Not a requirement, but for uniformity's sake (and so that you won't get confused when you follow the tutorial in the Wiki Page) I would recommend to keep it at default.

2. Is it possible to change both downloaded file names to main.bin and emmc.bin !?
Yes.

3. In Windows 7, cmd.., which directory should I be in while processing all flashing commands..!!?
To whatever directory you chose to save your files needed for flashing (related to your Question #1).

4. Comprehensive reset is the right method for factory reset, right..!? Have no intention to change my product code. Just need my phone to be factory restored. Everything erased including app data, contacts etc.. All personal data backed up.. (I am flashing since I have problems with missing shortcuts issue in menu, no twitter notification and few glitches here and there...).

Thank you..
Comprehensive reset is when you "reinstall" the device's "Operating System", as well as "reformat" the huge storage space. So to analogize to a desktop computer, it's like wiping out your hard drive then reinstalling your prefered Operating System.

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:

Tags
flashing, nokia n9