Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
New videos uploaded :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh9mErv4at4 - kof 96

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyr8Qfy5oI - kof 97

Check Terry's infinite combo on KOF 97 !!!

BTW, have installed FBA, it's another great emulator for some neogeo and mame games, but doesn't suport joysticks.

The Following User Says Thank You to gleydsonpr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Finally managed to tackle the annoying bug in gngeo that caused crashes in fullscreen mode

This also means the loadstate and savestate dialogs are now properly visible.

So download, install, and activate fullscreen in the gngeo-gui configscreen if you have that installed!

Last edited by ade; 2012-12-04 at 20:53.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I keep pressing Nemein about the autobuilder but no news yet, sorry for the inconveniences.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
I'm unable to load the emulator when using the gngeo-gui app. If I go into terminal and use the commandline I can get the emulator (v7.03) to run (Tested mslug).
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the gui but still no good. When I click the gui icon the program appears to be starting but then just closes down. If i run gngeo-gui.sh it just comes back with "segmentation fault"

Any ideas I can try?

Thanks

Does

Code:
python /opt/gngeo-gui/gngeo-gui.py
provide additional output?

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Does

Code:
python /opt/gngeo-gui/gngeo-gui.py
provide additional output?
Afraid not, no. It still just reports segmentation fault. I was able to run the gui in the past but I don't recall this latest version of the gui ever working.

Thanks

I just read about this new version but will wait a few more days until it gets sorted. Actually I have been using more fba, sorry Ade, you gui is better but the emulation is more fluid with fba and more games available, I have more than 30 versions of KOF, but doesn't support joystick, in the other side gngeo support both sixaxis and joys, now with fullscreen I need to give it a try, but have to wait you fix the problem, or can I reinstall older version if can't start the new one? Anyway thanks for the development of your app, we all appreciate your effort !!!

PS.: Can you tell us what was causing the bug (fullscreen) if not very difficult to understand?

FBA is absolutely a fine emulator, but for NeoGeo games, I stick with gngeo. Maybe is it also because of that superb gui

There is no new version of gngeo-gui, I just released a bugfixed gngeo version, so don't worry about gngeo-gui itself.

About the cause of the crashes in full screen:
for some reason, On Screen Display events triggered a screen resize to 800x480 in full screen mode, which resulted in a segfault.
I just removed a few lines of the code, as this event is totally unneeded on our device. Finding the cause of a crash is mostly the hard part.

Tested and working. Thanks for putting effort into this Ade!

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
So I'll see on App Man if there's an update for gngeo, but if I can't start the app let me know how to get the earlier version please. Can I do on XTerminal root ; apt-get update gngeo ?