Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

Let's hope Jolla going down this road.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

I thought Apple has patented rectangle with rounded corners, so maybe add some s&m spikes to the four corners.

btw, now when US court has confirmed Apple has a valid patent for pinch-to-zoom, and I've read Apple refuses to license "untouchable" patents which makes "unique user experience", then is Jolla going to use cw- and ccw-screwing like N900 for zooming?

Last edited by zimon; 2012-08-28 at 17:57.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I thought Apple has patented rectangle with rounded corners, so maybe add some s&m spikes to the four corners.

btw, now when US court has confirmed Apple has a valid patent for pinch-to-zoom, and I've read Apple refuses to license "untouchable" patents which makes "unique user experience", then is Jolla going to use cw- and ccw-screwing like N900 for zooming?
just wondering how long before they patent a touch-screen xD

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
just wondering how long before they patent a touch-screen xD
Well, one of the "untouchable" patents is a method how to know if there is a single- or multitouching currently on the touchscreen, and Apple and the court decided Samsung has no right to distinguish between the two.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...%3Dinteractive
(See "Interactive Graphics")

'915 - Distinguishes between single-touch and multi-touch gestures

Last edited by zimon; 2012-08-28 at 18:29.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This will only affect US, not the rest of the world. So jolla can dance around the world with an amazing new mobile device and pinch zoom like crazy. I doub't apple care what jolla does, It's not like they are samsung

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-28 at 18:53.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
If those big ashole corporations (nokia included) continues those patent FUD there is no chance jolla get a chance on this shitty so called free capitalism world. The geekphone era is over. The future will probadly look like this:

you have to go buy some wp ashole device and wipe it out and tweak it to run linux or buy an shitty ios device.

Android? Nope it will slowly die to when micronokia start theyr patent nasty war next year, and samsung will go microsoft too...

call me a troll but
history has shown before

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Teksyndicate ran a contest about a month ago that if anyone can name something Apple invented they would get a prize. They made a video and put it up on youtube. In that video they disprove many of the entries sent in, one of which was "pinch to zoom."
The other thing is Nokia has a buttload of patents, they spent an enormous amount on R&D so I'm pretty sure they wont try pulling that one on Nokia because Nokia would expose how it is really prior art.
I haven't read that multi touch patent but I'm guessing it's not for resistive screens which is a possibilty that Jolla might use it since they will release in China. That said, if I was in a dinghy and their was great whites nearby dueling I'd be kinda nervous.

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-08-28 at 19:14.

Apple invented Galaxy Not. Will not be announced tomorrow

Does jolla have any patents at all?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Apple invented Galaxy Not. Will not be announced tomorrow

Does jolla have any patents at all?
Nokia did give a handful of patents to Jolla. but it was never published as to what patents they were.

It sparked the idea that maybe Nokia and Jolla are a secret link. Jolla being their backup if WP8 doesnt take off and bombs. Possibliy a way to get around the contract they signed stopping them from making phones with other Os's

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

I thought it was fake News with the nokia patents, created by a troll?

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-jolla-1088426

Why would nokia give away patent?

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-08-28 at 19:42.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla