Posts: 148 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Yerevan
what I really like in Maemo, is that cellular call (and chat) is now only a particular way of calling (and chatting) apparently. You always can choose to call someone via xmpp, etc. That is a very wise example of abstraction.

It also implies that address book contact is bound to chat accounts.
you may see the status of the person, and whether she is busy or not just while browsing your contacts.

I believe it would be great to see such changes in Nemo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norayr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by norayr View Post
what I really like in Maemo, is that cellular call (and chat) is now only a particular way of calling (and chatting) apparently. You always can choose to call someone via xmpp, etc. That is a very wise example of abstraction.

It also implies that address book contact is bound to chat accounts.
you may see the status of the person, and whether she is busy or not just while browsing your contacts.

I believe it would be great to see such changes in Nemo.
I am actually working on the dialer telepathy backend to do this. I hope someone works on the same for contacts presence information soon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
I am actually working on the dialer telepathy backend to do this. I hope someone works on the same for contacts presence information soon
And, if anyone is interested in taking this on: you'd basically just have to update contactsd packaging to the latest, and bash on it repeatedly until it imports contacts :-)

If you're interested, pop into #nemomobile and ping me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Today, I packaged VUMeter and QZeeControl for Mer/Nemo. You can get both from my download repository:
http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/wonk...hared_armv7hl/

For more information see my website:
http://ruedigergad.com/2012/08/11/vumeter-for-mernemo/
http://ruedigergad.com/2012/08/12/qz...l-for-mernemo/

Please also keep in mind that QZeeControl for Nemo, even though I tested it and it generally works, is still very experimental.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, I can't get Nemo to vibrate or ring when receiving calls. Is this not implemented yet or something's wrong with my n900?

Otherwise I would switch to it for daily use.

I just saw that the bug making some SD cards not work had apparently been fixed so I tried building a current n900 release myself, which to my suprise seems to have worked! It now boots successfully from my previously not working SD.

Overall the UI seems a lot smoother than last I tried it, especially the scrolling. Menu item presses/activation is still quite delayed though, and wireless doesn't work with the message "connman not available", maybe that's due to my "custom" build.

Oh and I still haven't figured out how to close programs immediately, instead of from the overview of running apps?

Otherwise great work!

Last edited by Fawz; 2012-08-28 at 23:19.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hey all, this is a post for the people who want to triple boot (Harmattan, NITDroid and Nemo)..

Here's the instructions:

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/03/22/wo...tdroid-how-to/

The reason why I am posting it here, because if you go back a couple of pages you will see that I tried asking on how to do it and nobody could help me out.. So just trying to pass the information along the others who want to try out Nemo but they already have their N9's dual boot to NITDroid..

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Oh and Do it at your own risk!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Hey all, this is a post for the people who want to triple boot (Harmattan, NITDroid and Nemo)..

Here's the instructions:

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/03/22/wo...tdroid-how-to/

The reason why I am posting it here, because if you go back a couple of pages you will see that I tried asking on how to do it and nobody could help me out.. So just trying to pass the information along the others who want to try out Nemo but they already have their N9's dual boot to NITDroid..

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Oh and Do it at your own risk!
I should write more clearly
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=261

The Following User Says Thank You to michaelmhk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Oh sorry I didn't see that post! My appologies!

I have a strange problem with nemo images. Forstly the don't see ad hoc wifi networks ;( But this is ok. Android also doesn't see them. But when I try to connect to normal wifi it asks me for the password and there is also another option to fill but I know only the password. In maemo I can also see two wifi networks but I can choose weather I want to connect to secure one or the normal one. Any hints what to do with it? I have tried to ask on nemomobile IRC but got no reply.