Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Alright, here's the thing. It's a good idea.

BUT

This is MeeGo Harmattan, which is a mobile OS. Your design is fine when you design in your computer, but everything changes a LOT when you're designing for a specific platform. Everything including the fonts, resolution of each and every tiny element, color scheme, shapes of objects and the entire theme in general has to change.

Of course, you don't HAVE to follow it, but then it's unprofessional, doesn't go with the entire UI and in many cases, can confuses users. The N9 is a legacy product, which means it has its own design guidlines that should be followed. The entire OS was designed to be unique, well-integrated with an exceptional user interface. If you change those basic elements, it ceases to be integrated properly. For a website, or just for playing around in Photoshop, do whatever you want, since there are no restrictions, but when it comes to designing for a mobile OS, each and every step you make comes at the cost of extra coding, inefficient programming, more work for developers, loss in performance, size and a lot of other things.

Having said that, I suggest you take a look at the N9 UX Guildlines by Nokia (http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/ux/) before actually designing anything for N9. This may help you a lot in terms of actual size, placement, font, color scheme, etc.

Also, I'd advice you not to spend so much time on trying to design the UI again.. since.. if you go to page 50 of this thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84318&page=50) and go forward for around 15 pages.. you'll see everyone already discussing and designing each and every minute element in DETAIL. So what you see of the UI has actually gone through hundreds of iterations to arrive at the stage it is right now.

Sooooo..

Yes, we are free to express what we want, but Wazapp has already gone a far way to be designed from scratch again. But the good thing about open source is that if you really want something to look the way you have in mind, then design it, put it in your phone and enjoy!

Thanks for the Help buddy. Will surely take this into consideration, BTW here is a contacts page ive designed. I wont be messing around much coz i need a lot of time as u mentioned and Sadly i dont have it. Can just do it on weekends. Anyways jus a thought here is the contacts page. And yah this is my last post regarding design as first i have to study what uve mentioned here before taking designing seriously e1 if its for me only. Thankx Again.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5avkldup2...age%20copy.png

Last edited by BlazingBird; 2012-08-31 at 19:48.

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by hene- View Post
One possible solution for Wazapp registering problem

Install Bluestacks for PC.

Connect your phone to PC with USB (use phone sync. etc. NOT massmemory)

Start Wazapp in your phone and use Bluestack to create Whatsapp account.

When Bluestack is now creating your account it takes a while, but then it sends SMS to your mobile phone and Wazapp can read that automaticly and accept 3 digit code - vóila. Now you have registerd Wazapp!

If you have already installed Bluestacks before and could not register. Then try to install it to another PC and follow instructions as I said before.

I was struggling a long time with registration and finally found method that worked for me.
I manage to register it again. I trow 3 digit out my head :O... Must try it some other device too. I have been Wazapp on this device, but i reflashed whole device, so i have to register again. Can this is it why i manage to do this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
I've installed the latest version 30082012-1630.
But the mixed up contacts bug after a media transfer still remain.
I notice that it is not possible to send audio file.

Just for collaboration... : ) ciao!

Wazapp should have an option to automatically start its daemon after system boot.

Wazapp needs an option to automatically start it's daemon after system boot.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Wazapp needs an option to automatically start it's daemon after system boot.
No it doesn't, not everyone is ocd about wazapp like some people here... I'm on there to talk to my girlfriend and my ex-girlfriend, not really that many people to talk to.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by fenix_86 View Post
I've installed the latest version 30082012-1630.
But the mixed up contacts bug after a media transfer still remain.
I notice that it is not possible to send audio file.

Just for collaboration... : ) ciao!
ive posted bout this bug so many tyms, i think very few people have it coz i dont c many complaints

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
No it doesn't, not everyone is ocd about wazapp like some people here... I'm on there to talk to my girlfriend and my ex-girlfriend, not really that many people to talk to.
Yup.. we don't need an autostart.. how many times do we reboot a phone anyway?

But Arie.. girlfriend AND ex-girlfriend? Group chat? xD kidding :P

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Thats why I said "an option". With on/off switch. Be tolerant guys....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Yup.. we don't need an autostart.. how many times do we reboot a phone anyway?

But Arie.. girlfriend AND ex-girlfriend? Group chat? xD kidding :P
No comments about my personal life, just know that my favorite song ever is 2pac - I get around

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Thats why I said "an option". With on/off switch. Be tolerant guys....
Tolerance is not in my nature with Wazapp users...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp