Active Topics

Notices

NoStopPlayer is a gapless playback player for Harmattan. After picking a directory, all its audio files will be loaded in alphabetically order by their filenames.

NoStopPlayer has been developed specifically for this purpose, for other features there is still SigmaPlayer.

I'm using phonon as multimedia framework, but the finished signal is emitted too much after the real track end and the prefinish mark put at 1ms before the end is triggered 1000ms before, so I'm using custom timers. With the albums I have tested only 1/10 of times there is a less than 100ms gap between tracks.

Free 0.0.3 version can be downloaded from here.

Last edited by gionni88; 2012-10-24 at 17:29.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Thanks!

But why not adding this as a feature for sigmaplayer?

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Thanks!

But why not adding this as a feature for sigmaplayer?
I'm using two player objects, so there is more ram and cpu usage, expecially at tracks switches. SigmaPlayer is already heavy with EQ enabled, think about two players with two equalizer effects enabled, it would be 80% cpu usage. Better to keep it as it is, isn't it? And not every album requires gapless playback.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Much thanks for the effort, but I'm still getting gaps during track transitions with this (though smaller than the stock media player gaps).

Either way, nice to know there are others out here who at least care about gapless.

Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Much thanks for the effort, but I'm still getting gaps during track transitions with this (though smaller than the stock media player gaps).

Either way, nice to know there are others out here who at least care about gapless.
In next version I'm adding option to set custom delays to get a better playback depending on album/device. Right now is set to 1000ms.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
much awaited app! thanks a lot!!
I've just noticed something, when playing any track, the song name would appear on the LPM screen (actually not the current song but the next one!!) and even after closing NoStopPlayer the song name stays on the LPM screen until reboot..
Again many thanks for the effort, ur apps always rock

The Following User Says Thank You to Samert For This Useful Post:
Updated first post with 0.0.3 version.

Bugs fixed:
LPM screen shows current song

New features:
First screen shown last played directories. Unwanted dirs may be removed tapping the thrash icon.
Tracks delay is customizable. Default is 1000ms and custom value goes from 500 (a lot of overclip) to 1500 (gap is noted).
Landscape orientation.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Samert View Post
much awaited app! thanks a lot!!
I've just noticed something, when playing any track, the song name would appear on the LPM screen (actually not the current song but the next one!!) and even after closing NoStopPlayer the song name stays on the LPM screen until reboot..
Again many thanks for the effort, ur apps always rock
installed NoStopPlayer Pro from store today, after closing player I still have notification on stanbyscreen (in tiny little and unreadable letters).

after reboot it's gone, please add option to deactivate LPM notification.

Originally Posted by MarcAnton View Post
installed NoStopPlayer Pro from store today, after closing player I still have notification on stanbyscreen (in tiny little and unreadable letters).

after reboot it's gone, please add option to deactivate LPM notification.
Do you have Billboard installed?

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Do you have Billboard installed?
yes, I'm using Billboard