Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Thanks for the answer traysh

Just done donating, may not much (I'm a new graduate) but just realized how this app so much improves the experience's user

Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dirge4november For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
There will always be slowdowns when installing apps, so it's not caused by FasterN9. This is a non-issue, to be brutally honest.
Hey no problem, just letting you know there is extra lag while installing. I also don't get MALF if I uninstall Faster N9. Big improvement.

With pr1.3 the Swype keyboard takes longer to load for some reason, any possibility of a speed fix in a later version?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
I suppose you have version 0.9.4 installed. If this is right, uninstall it prior to updating.
I had 0.9.7 an uninstalled prior to this. However, now I realized that I can't really install any app anymore... It probably started after uninstalling 0.9.7 - or after unsuccessful installation of MeeDocs - can't remember which one went first. Well, I smell a reflash in the air this morning. Thanks for advice though!

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Denmark :D
Hmm.. I think that FasterN9 made my alarm doesn't work.. It didn't work today until I gave it a restart.. It's the first time it ever done that :s And all my alarms are gone now after the restart??

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by don.edri View Post
I had 0.9.7 an uninstalled prior to this. However, now I realized that I can't really install any app anymore... It probably started after uninstalling 0.9.7 - or after unsuccessful installation of MeeDocs - can't remember which one went first. Well, I smell a reflash in the air this morning. Thanks for advice though!
Don't take the easy way out and reflash...

Can you do in terminal as root:

apt-get install -f

then post the output here...

also try apt-get autoremove

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Don't take the easy way out and reflash...
OK, so as you suggested, I've tried to follow a true warrior's path, and here's what I get when trying both commands. Also, thanks for interest

EDIT: here's a link to dropbox, the picture attachment to this post is quite to small to read I guess

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmrwt238vc...2_09-23-38.png

Last edited by don.edri; 2012-09-04 at 07:48.

ok do in terminal as root:

rm -rf /var/lib/dpkg/lock

now try the above 2 commands again...

Tip: put your dropbox link in the insert image dialog box...that way anyone can see the full-sized one when they want and you dont need to do it twice by attaching image as well as uploading to dropbox...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-04 at 07:31.

I've done what you suggested and here's the terminal output:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w86xkeoxl...2_09-53-53.png

Also, my installation error looks as follows, for any app, not only for FasterN9:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16h5l0606t...2_09-55-21.png

EDIT: just read your post below, let me fix my dropbox skills and will update this post in a minute :P
EDIT2: damn, this is the best I can do for now... Can't find this damn public folder (using dropbox in my browser, can't install desktop version now, as this is my work PC)

Last edited by don.edri; 2012-09-04 at 08:08.

I cant see your image...Did you copy public link into the image dialog box? Dont upload to photos folder but to public folder in dropbox then use the link

Can you install faster n9 via terminal i.e. using dpkg -i and post the errors?

Also for dropbox i use via browser too...From the screenshot you can see the public folder...Upload into this folder...