Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
I've tried dpkg -i command before and it did not work, however, this time it seems it worked (fasterN9 can be seen on the application list in settings). The output is quite extensive, I've copied only the last part of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtgsqqpy0q...2_10-18-02.png

There're messages concerning gpsmefoo app, that I've tried to install as a benchmark if installation process works after a couple of reboots.
Also, my dropbox does not have a public folder. I'll skip the screenshot, but I think I might have deleted it or something like that. Anyhow, when I manage to get it back, I'll start uploading pictures correctly.

EDIT: also, I still get an error when trying to install anything else, damn it

Last edited by don.edri; 2012-09-04 at 08:24.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
It won't work correctly due to the gpsmefoo app screwing things up...That's why you have that long output which is actually full of errors...

Is it an app you can download for free? Maybe re-download it and install it via dpkg -i?

Edit: To clarify i meant the installation of gpsmefoo screwing things up not the app per se...

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
It won't work correctly due to the gpsmefoo app screwing things up...That's why you have that long output which is actually full of errors...

Is it an app you can download for free? Maybe re-download it and install it via dpkg -i?

Edit: To clarify i meant the installation of gpsmefoo screwing things up not the app per se...
I've looked through the message and it all starts with MeeDocs, then gpsmeefo - I'll try to download both of them and install first and see how it goes. Thanks for help, much appreciation from me!

The Following User Says Thank You to don.edri For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Also for the dropbox thing...On the left-hand side you have this link called Sharing...Click on it...It gives you the option to create a new shared folder...Maybe create Public this way...IIRC Public came when i created my account so maybe you are right; you must have deleted it...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Just read first post and realized theres a new version but its not stable.
I havent been using this for a while, but will try new version once its stable. Thanks, I will donate when I can.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by ZiiimZooon View Post
Hmm.. I think that FasterN9 made my alarm doesn't work.. It didn't work today until I gave it a restart.. It's the first time it ever done that :s And all my alarms are gone now after the restart??
Sorry about that. In fact this is a known bug, some system sounds won't work after installation until reboot
That's because I restarted a system service (ohmd). The alternative would be force a reboot in installation but then some people get malf.

Now you rebooted, this won't happen again

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Denmark :D
Looks like my N9 stops receiving some messages.. I restarted my phone and got a 12 hours old message.. I think FasterN9 was the reason because my phone did that when I used it for a long time :s

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Running 0.9.10. Rebooted after installing. Everything works okay. Thanks traysh for finally getting things in order in this thread.

Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Running 0.9.10. Rebooted after installing. Everything works okay. Thanks traysh for finally getting things in order in this thread.
rebooted? You had 0.9.4 or you were very lucky and didn't get a malf

Edit: oh, I understood now. You're reporting you rebooted manually. Fine.

Last edited by traysh; 2012-09-05 at 01:50.

Originally Posted by ZiiimZooon View Post
Looks like my N9 stops receiving some messages.. I restarted my phone and got a 12 hours old message.. I think FasterN9 was the reason because my phone did that when I used it for a long time :s
still having this problem? I never had it