Notices

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by keinc View Post
I like the way you make it sound like I'm fabricating problems out of thin air I'm just sharing my experience after the latest build crashed on me, and how to fix it.

I don't like being negative either, but if you think I'm lying or spamming, let me know and I'll stop "spreading fear" here and on Twitter right away.
Why does the donate on your site go to you and not the developers of wazapp?

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
come on dear...all guys are not smart like you....if you get irritate with so called "lazy people" asking questions again and again, please don't respond....its as simple as that....
Well you are proving my point! You didn't read why i wrote that in the first place right? I was responding to the user who told me to do something instead of telling jokes when my original post was to you with regards to being amazed how that simple solution still does the trick...

My point was further proven by Arie's follow up that this was one of the reasons why the 2 active devs on Wazapp have got tired of the posts on this thread too....

However, the person who i responded to had to post his comments so obviously i had to reply and explain my point of view with some sarcasm...

Anyway its not about being smart...Its just about reading, understanding, trying and only then asking instead of reading 50% of the content and whining...

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India
@Arie a suggestion? i think v shud hav an FAQ section right at da beginning of this thread if possible...it might solve this continuous posting of already solved problems...jus a suggestion

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well you are proving my point! You didn't read why i wrote that in the first place right? I was responding to the user who told me to do something instead of telling jokes when my original post was to you with regards to being amazed how that simple solution still does the trick...

My point was further proven by Arie's follow up that this was one of the reasons why the 2 active devs on Wazapp have got tired of the posts on this thread too....

However, the person who i responded to had to post his comments so obviously i had to reply and explain my point of view with some sarcasm...

Anyway its not about being smart...Its just about reading, understanding, trying and only then asking instead of reading 50% of the content and whining...
Your comment was not related to solution, but to understandability ;which you thought i don't have...your second comment was a continuation of it......u should understand people, some might be genuinely ignorant about the procedure, some might be whining....but don't tar everyone with the same brush

leave that all, i got solution and i am happy.....thanks to community

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
For German wazapp users:

T-Mobile have some trouble with messengers connection, i think he block all ports from.....wifi wazapp works, on mobile connection doesn't connect....and not at all t-mobile users

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Originally Posted by Jemen View Post
Thanks for this app, works great!

But I have one little thing which annoys me.

I've remapped my n950's keyboard to scandinavian letters like Ä and Ö. In wazapp using vkb everything is fine but, when typing with n950's slide keyboard those letters appear as questionmarks in squares. I have the 1330 version of wazapp.

Does anyone else has this issue?
No, this is a remap issue with your font.

Originally Posted by MAX9 View Post
For German wazapp users:

T-Mobile have some trouble with messengers connection, i think he block all ports from.....wifi wazapp works, on mobile connection doesn't connect....and not at all t-mobile users
Yes, I can confirm that. There is 50% chances your provider is blocking ports like XMPP or Whatsapp because then you don't spend money on SMS-s, don't you?

I had to explicitly ask my carrier in Croatia to enable it for my phone number. I guess not all people are geeks and they smuggle the port blocking to most users.

I can bet that a lot of sending/receiving failures are related to your carrier.

Nothing we can do about that.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
I had version 30082012 as well and yesterday I upgraded to 03092012, the only thing I did to prevent any problem was to erase .wazapp file in home/user/ and instal newest version over the previous one. In case, you may have some red dots or crashes, just keep quitting and opening wazapp and it will work. If the new notification icon is not visible, a phone restart is all you need. Mine worked fine since I installed and it is quite stable
I subscribe all these words, but on my phone i got a red dots every 10 minutes, so i've to quit and reopen. It's a little bit annoying, i'm thinking to downgrade to 30 08 2012 in my opinion the most stable version (it has the mixed up contacts after media sending bug)

I said this before, I'll repeat it again. Last time.
Since Cepi enabled pushnames, your contacts have to be parsed more detailed.
If you have a huge phonebook than this will freeze the app.
Unfortunately, the way it's currently implemented is synchronous in Python Mobiliy Contact API.
That is not good.

We are trying to optimize it or make it asynchronous. In translation, faster and smoother. This is top priority. Cepi already did some huge steps towards that goal.

So, either be patient until we all fix it and test or use any build you want/find/works for you.

Cheers

P.S. You had no client at all 3 months ago. 3 guys are working on something whole teams work for years. Get real. Help us with proper logs ( thanks everybody that did! ), don't spam us with petty problems.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
i keep getting problems with cepi's version of wazapp!! now im getiing the loading problem where when i open the wazapp the loading page opens and then the wazapp shuts down without opening!!! HELP

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Co0lGurl For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp