Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think that investors wanted to hear more about the features, release date, and pricing. All of that was missing from their announcement. And I think it spooked investors. Otherwise it's a beautiful phone with lots of great features. Toss up: iPhone 5 or lumia 920. I just like supporting Nokia. Will get both

And you know that when the iPhone 5 is announced, a date and price will be stated.

They need to stop doing that. Announce, release, ship all with specifics on the spot.

The problem is, is that no one actually knows what is in WP8. If it still lacks a lot of functionality, then fancy colours and charging methods isn't going to save the Lumia line

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Faked... or simulated?
Sure, there's a very fine line there--but when it comes to showing off what your hardware can do, you can't "simulate" what it does and not point that out and make people thing that this is TRULY the result they'll get. Simulated doesn't always mean the same, too. I can still remember the CES back in the 1980's when Steve Jobs wanted to show off the video game graphics and improved sound of the Apple IIe playing Frogger and someone discovered an Atari 800 was actually under the table playing the game. (At the time, the Apple IIe version had 1-voice blippy chip music versus Atari's polyphonic 4-voice 8/16-bit audio, Atari also had an independent player/missile graphics processor in the ANTIC chip independent of the CPU unlike the very CPU-intensive and limited pallet sprite system in the Apple IIe). THIS is the reason why "simulated" is never a good idea at a show or presentation like the one today. Nobody trusts a "simulation" and it's even worse when you get caught in a lie of omission.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Sure, there's a very fine line there--but when it comes to showing off what your hardware can do, you can't "simulate" what it does and not point that out and make people thing that this is TRULY the result they'll get. Simulated doesn't always mean the same, too.
This is clearly not "simulated"...

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
This is clearly not "simulated"...
This time maybe not, but it doesn't look nearly as good nor dramatic in the still shot as the commercial I posted. But to help you understand what I'm pointing out...
http://youtu.be/pytmZV0Qs7s
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
This time maybe not, but it doesn't look nearly as good nor dramatic in the still shot as the commercial I posted. But to help you understand what I'm pointing out...
http://youtu.be/pytmZV0Qs7s
Oh, I knew of the van in the reflection. My point though still stands.

This is not simulated even. This is faked. That's pretty damn bad for a company that needs to build a better reputation than this with the new line of phones.

This is up there with the Killzone 2 faked trailer that was running off of something way more powerful and different than the Playstation 3.

Faked is faked.

Bad day for Nokia, but the month is... neutral.

rant:

i am a nokia N9 owner and i just wanted to say that the lumia 920 looks f*cking awesome.

i was never a windows phone fan but after actually trying out the lumia phones first-hand, i can say they completely win me over. this phone just seals the deal man.

i've always thought they made the wrong decision, going with Windows instead of MeeGo. but i am starting to see that maybe it isn't that bad.

Nokia 920: 185g
Nokia 820: 160g.

Are those the supposed to be mass market devices? Most people I know would not buy a 160g+ device.

On the plus side I guess the 920 looks pretty sleek.

PureView is fake. Although consumers don't know that of course.

Overall not bad, but not bestseller material (a la s2). Won't save Nokia.

Last edited by Rugoz; 2012-09-06 at 08:57.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha