Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Boxeri,

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...24&postcount=2
Unfortunately it did not work. Under the Nokia logo came the picture of wrench and flasher said in RD mode, but "device not working properly" still stopping everything. Thank you for teaching me this possibility for future possible needs.

On MALF fixing state, there really is something odd. After I enter the command "flasher --load -k vmlinuz-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-adaptation-n950-bootloader -n initrd.img-rescue-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-n950 --boot"

the terminal goes into a kind of mode where I can't type anything. So confirming with step 6 whether it has recognized the phone doesn't really work.

Are we in a situation where my only option really is now to flash? Really don't wanna do it right no

that's weird...terminal should just go on to the next line with a #

maybe redownload the files and try again?

you are running the commands as sudo or sudo su right?

that's weird...terminal should just go on to the next line with a #

maybe redownload the files and try again?

you are running the commands as sudo or sudo su right?
Yes. My command is
Code:
sudo flasher --load -k vmlinuz-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-adaptation-n950-bootloader -n initrd.img-rescue-2.6.32.20112201-11.2-n950 --boot

Tried to reinstal and downloading the files again. This is the only screen that I am getting. N9 has been connected for atleast 10 minutes. And in different USB slots I have tried as well. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Well, if I did wouldn't be typing this
Attached Images

Last edited by Boxeri; 2012-09-06 at 14:54.

Boxeri, try saving the files to ~/Downloads and cd to ~/Downloads before running the commands...Also is your phone plugged out when you entered those commands because the Suitable USB interface message should come first before plugging in your phone which I don't see in your screenshot...

See:

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Boxeri, try saving the files to ~/Downloads and cd to ~/Downloads before running the commands...Also is your phone plugged out when you entered those commands because the Suitable USB interface message should come first before plugging in your phone which I don't see in your screenshot...

See:

There is something now wrong with my ubuntu or flasher. It just is not working properly. Have no phone connected and did what you said, but still I get this
Attached Images

Yup...re-install flasher...do your usb ports work otherwise?

Yes they do work, at least when tried with other devices

I removed all the files and flasher. Downloaded again and installed flasher again. No success. Also double checked that I am downloading right flasher. i686 in my computer checked with
Code:
uname -m
so it is the 32bit version for me. But no success also tried the command flasher -i , but that doesn't bring up the "waiting suitable USB interface" either.

Out of options?

Hmm, maybe a walk in the park with dog and then installing ubuntu on another computer. Don't know if worth the fuzz.

Maybe just flashing with my windows side, because on that side the flasher and USB ports work normally. Douldnt wanna give up on something like this as is it not on the phones side the problem

Last edited by Boxeri; 2012-09-06 at 15:32.

Exactly...just use livecd otherwise on another computer if you don't want to install it to try...Don't give up on it

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Why not use both.... Also GPS performance is now really slow... Can you let gps run as it should when needed?
Arie, are you talking about a specific application or any application that uses gps?