Active Topics

Notices

did anyone of the devs think about contacting whatsapp? maybe there is a chance of a "coming-together" so that whatsapp inc stops blocking us and in exchange gets a fully-developed client for yet another platform...
if i was an entrepeneur i wouldnt mind, since this would mean free money + more users without any extra effort...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kb61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by kb61 View Post
did anyone of the devs think about contacting whatsapp? maybe there is a chance of a "coming-together" so that whatsapp inc stops blocking us and in exchange gets a fully-developed client for yet another platform...
if i was an entrepeneur i wouldnt mind, since this would mean free money + more users without any extra effort...
Jeez haven't heard anyone speaking sense in while in this forum until now... I think it's a great idea.

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by muzimak View Post
jeez haven't heard anyone speaking sense in while in this forum until now... I think it's a great idea.
y u no thinking enough

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Lebanon
wazapp of my friend working normal .... my wazapp is always freezing on connecting !!

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Jeez haven't heard anyone speaking sense in while in this forum until now... I think it's a great idea.
did you really come across any "huge" company that REALLY listen to their voice of customer??? LOL

From my experience:

1. Nokia - NEVER
2. Apple - IGNORE (then make some funny excuse)
3. SAMSUNG - DON'T CARE (not even replying, but keep pushing their gadgets hw profile highier and highier)
4. Whatsapp - donno (as of current I don't think non of the Meego users never really mail/petition to them for official client support)

This community is the best I've met so far regarding community development (as previously before owning N9 already lots forumer mention about the stronghold for Maemo community)

But the sad news is that all those official company never really appreciate how their own "fan group" help them to promoted their sale figure... sad sad sad

The Following User Says Thank You to sklchan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
y u no thinking enough
What is he saying?
Name:  imagesCA2SWL1L.jpg
Views: 1406
Size:  2.0 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
I suspect the developers of Whatsapp (like the developers of any successful, cross-platform app) rely quite a lot on help from Nokia, in testing on their various platforms.

Nokia management won't be particularly thrilled with Whatsapp helping out N9 users, given that it and the platform have been kicked into the dust.

However, I'm pretty sure that Jolla will be courting Whatsapp, so I strongly suspect that there'll be a native Meego version of Whatsapp when their device launches. Once that's available, it should be much easier to quickly repurpose for the N9 and be a great deal more reliable than Wazapp.

So to those who want something 'perfect', you probably will get it, just not yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
NOKIA SCRAMBLING WITH MICROSOFT

Whatsapp devs already know about wazapp, I understand there is a failure message already for unofficial IM client apps. Even if working together is the most desirable solution, there are few chances it will actually happen. Btw, from whatsapp creator's own words in twitter, he hates to be called an entrepreneur (Lol)

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
And now I finally got the "need to register" error. Oh well, time to go to the local pub and grab a beer Anyone wanna join?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp