Active Topics

Has anybody else noticed how little of the screen is actually used?

The 920 might as well have a tiddly little screen like an fbiPhone!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
No, I think you are the only one. we are all blind.

Do you think the dead space will affect stock price or what?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Do you think the dead space will affect stock price or what?
Of course, if it affects sales it will affect the share price.

Why would you want to buy a phone the size of a house brick if there's no advantage to it?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Of course, if it affects sales it will affect the share price.

Why would you want to buy a phone the size of a house brick if there's no advantage to it?
I doubt that is an issue that affected sales in any real volumes, much less the stock price.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Has anybody else noticed how little of the screen is actually used?

The 920 might as well have a tiddly little screen like an fbiPhone!
the screen starts where the tile starts at the bottom and ends at the clock on the upper right. the 900 is similar too, and i like it. makes me thing the whole black part is the screen with its 0 black level amoled. not so sure about the 920's ips lcd though

The Verge conducted some camera tests, its interesting that it still performed well.

Video summary

article and samples

Last edited by deviantv1ral; 2012-09-08 at 16:47.

Originally Posted by deviantv1ral View Post
the screen starts where the tile starts at the bottom and ends at the clock on the upper right.
When you scroll down do the tiles go all the way up to the clock before they start to disappear off the screen?

Can you adjust the default margin width around the display?

What happens when you play video, does that use the whole screen or just a little rectangle in the middle?

I was looking at the new Motorola Razr M and I really like the way the display goes all the way to the edge (but I still think they've left too much of a void at the bottom).

I really think NOKIA / M$ have made a big mistake if you're stuck with that large black surround.

When you scroll down do the tiles go all the way up to the clock before they start to disappear off the screen?
I've just seen the answer to this question in the video you linked to, they travel right underneath the clock, which leaves me feeling they've got the starting position of the tiles too low (and they should also widen them right to the edges).

That Motorola screen really makes the 920 look like this:

it scrolls all the way to the top, but like iOS and android theres a bar for the battery clocks wifi etc.

videos and any apps can fill the screen

nokia wasnt known to have thin bezels, but my theory is it doesnt break the glass when dropped on its side, because obviously its strong from the front showed in this video lumia 900 hammer testthanks to gorilla glass

im guessing the thicker bezels absorb more energy when hit, if the plastic is soft enough, which it should be as my gf dented the corner of her 900 today. glass was ok.

at certain angles gorilla glass seems to fail

which is also true for nokias, at least i'd like to think that nokias are built like a brick, because i dont like adding cases or protectors to my devices and ruin its industrial design

Last edited by deviantv1ral; 2012-09-09 at 05:38.

I really like the way the display goes all the way to the edge.
To me it looks even more fragile than iPhone. There's almost nothing to absorb the impact energy when you drop it. Almost like it's designed to break.

Last edited by RFS-81; 2012-09-09 at 11:31.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha