Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
Do you know if in the next months are supposed to be "beasts" more similar to n900 in the market ?
Different beast from Lumia 900, not N900. Lumia 900 is a great phone if you want it for regular use. Lumia 920 is supposed to be much more than Lumia 900

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Do you know if in the next months are supposed to be "beasts" more similar to n900 in the market ?
Nope. The fundamental design behind the N900 (and the earlier "Internet Tablet" series from Nokia) was to, more or less, deliver the functionality of a desktop computer in your pocket -- but it was Steve Jobs' vision of a pocketable multimedia device that really caught fire in the marketplace. Therefore, every manufacturer now follows Jobs -- you can choose Apple's iPhone, Google's iPhone, or Microsoft's iPhone. All of them toys that allow you to play games and watch videos very well. None of them tools that allow you to leave your laptop behind. (I don't think any of them are even as good as the old PDAs.) Who knows when (or if) something like the N900 will ever appear again...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
There are a lot of good phones out there, and the right answer for you depends on your use-case. The N9 is pretty fast, easily rootable, has a great community, and is getting more affordable as time goes by.

Also, Android seems to have a nice community (including XDA Developers site), rootable phones, custom ROMs, and a large software marketplace.

Jolla should be releasing its new phone later this year, too.

There seems to be some mystery about Windows 8 software, so since you have some time left to decide, I'd recommend waiting to see how things turn out. The iPhone release should cause prices to go down, so that's another reason to wait.

And you what would you do? Take Lumia 920 or wait for Jolla Mobile?

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Yes, that is what he means.

Lumia 920 is supposed to be a different beast from 900. I dont think its finished yet, as a lot of the functionality was not shown to the masses on September 5th. It will not replace N900 in any ways or means. It will give you a Windows version of an iphone. Smooth UI, very smooth indeed, with great Nokia maps, great text input, and NOKIA hardware.
Lumiaman I guess from your nick that you are fond of Lumia. Do you know is there is around any community like this one for Lumia devices or not?

The Following User Says Thank You to Patroclo For This Useful Post:
I think it is obvious that he doesn't

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Lumiaman I guess from your nick that you are fond of Lumia. Do you know is there is around any community like this one for Lumia devices or not?
The community is right here. We know everything about everything

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Here you go bud...

http://www.wpcentral.com/

WPCentral is actually one of the more level headed WP sites around with lots of news about the lumia devices and have an dev area too.

I will warn you though, the mobile nations forums are rather user centric full of chat and no one ever uses the search function. Also avoid imore, it is a complete rumour mill.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Wow.... WPhanboys make the Apple fanboys look good.
Simply stunning how the internet continues to amaze me.

The iPhone fans are like:
/meh Apple makes the best products and it just works *like magic*

The WPhans are like:
Our next iteration will bring colors into Settings and it will be better than all other phones out there. Obama should use it.

Android fans are like:
I got hexxacore, 12GB RAM, 5,000mAh battery and 15MP camera... it is the best. Oh man, there's a new model with 13GB RAM, **** this sucks.

Maemo/Harmattan/MeeGo/Jolla/openSUSE-ARM fans are like:
It runs.

BlackBerry fans are like:
I need to make an appointment for my hip surgery.

I'm flattered

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Lumia 920 is supposed to be a different beast from 900. I dont think its finished yet, as a lot of the functionality was not shown to the masses on September 5th. It will not replace N900 in any ways or means. It will give you a Windows version of an iphone. Smooth UI, very smooth indeed, with great Nokia maps, great text input, and NOKIA hardware.
How difficult is it to scroll big 2D 2 colour tiles smoothly? Unfortunately that's the only thing WP is good at.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:

Tags
ip5 better, lumia 920, sml ecsytm, windows phone 8