Active Topics

I have been working on an application for the Coding Competition and I can't get it to upload to extras using the web assistant. It says the .changes file generated by pypackager isn't valid. I've tried editing it manually to remove anything that might cause problems and still haven't been able to get it to accept it.

I'm attaching the file in case someone can tell me what's wrong with it.
Note: I added the .txt to it to be able to upload it.

Does anyone have an examle .changes file I can compare it to?
Does it need to be a particular format (ascii versus unicode?) I figured pypackager would generate the right type though.
Attached Files
File Type: txt taskpoach_0.0.12-1.changes.txt (704 Bytes, 98 views)

Last edited by computerinfo21; 2012-09-10 at 17:28. Reason: Changing title... Solved!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Here is a working example generated by Py2deb
Code:
Maintainer: Sifo Basha Zaky <sifo1712@gmail.com>
Format: 1.7
Source: maemeemo-theme
Version: 1.4-1
Architecture: all
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 05:16:12 +0000
Distribution: fremantle
Urgency: low
Description: 
 A rebuild of harmattan black theme by Harick, used with theme customizer, providing the awesome Meego UI for your N900. special thanks to Harick & TransTech
Changes: 
 the theme rebuilded to be used with maemeemo
Changed-By: Sifo Basha Zaky <sifo1712@gmail.com>
Files:
 cbd150bf74b6e849c50609b19c2d174d 5114543 user/system extras-devel maemeemo-theme_1.4-1.tar.gz
 9a28404666fcec73d8e9cfb19ed795cf 252 user/system extras-devel maemeemo-theme_1.4-1.dsc
have you tried Py2deb ?
i used it many times ( working fine )
Good luck

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Last edited by sifo; 2012-09-08 at 22:34. Reason: Typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
You need to find how to package source-only deb package, for Extras Assistant, without binaries. For instance, 'dpkg-buildpackage' builds full package, 'dpkg-buildpackage -b' builds binary-only package, 'dpkg-buildpackage -s' builds source-only package. I have not used pypackager. Googling...
http://maemo.soup.io/since/41252165?newer=1
The first one is a debian package that you can test now on your device :
pychecker_0.8.18-1_armel.deb

The others are files required for extras assistant
(https://garage.maemo.org/extras-assistant/) to send source package to
the extras-builder :

pychecker_0.8.18-1.changes
pychecker_0.8.18-1.dsc
pychecker_0.8.18-1.tar.gz

Now you can upload your packages to extras-devel repository.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Thank you both for your help and suggestions. PyPackager was generating the .dsc and .tar.gz source package, but thanks to the .changes file you provided sifo I was able to compare and find why the assistant was rejecting it. It had the md5 and pointed to the .deb file pypackager generated instead of the source.tar.gz. I manually edited that and it accepted it!

So it uploaded but failed. Any tips on troubleshooting it?
here's the link

The Following User Says Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by computerinfo21 View Post
Thank you both for your help and suggestions. PyPackager was generating the .dsc and .tar.gz source package, but thanks to the .changes file you provided sifo I was able to compare and find why the assistant was rejecting it. It had the md5 and pointed to the .deb file pypackager generated instead of the source.tar.gz. I manually edited that and it accepted it!

So it uploaded but failed. Any tips on troubleshooting it?
here's the link
How are you uploading your files?

Remember to upload the .dsc last as it triggers the build.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Using the assistant, so it asks for the dsc & the tar.gz source at the same time. Is there anything in particular I should do special since its a PyQt app?

Originally Posted by computerinfo21 View Post
PyPackager was generating the .dsc and .tar.gz source package, but thanks to the .changes file you provided sifo I was able to compare and find why the assistant was rejecting it. It had the md5 and pointed to the .deb file pypackager generated instead of the source.tar.gz. I manually edited that and it accepted it!
I think your .dsc still has the above problem. It should list the source.tar.gz instead of the .deb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ginggs For This Useful Post:
Awesome, thank you all for your help, you are the best!

I was finally able to get it uploaded after several more failures (those were caused by temp files ending in a tilde that Gedit creates every time you edit a file. Once I got all of those removed and had the correct sums and packages listed in the .changes and .dsc files it accepted and built.

Looking at the make.py file I had I discovered what was causing the binary files to be listed and checksummed unstead of the source files: I had 2 generate lines at the end, but the one to build the binary was after the one to build the source. Just commented out the binary one and had the one build both binary and source and the .dsc and .changes files were generated correctly after that.

Tags
edit-the-dsc