Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
-I see the Devs have fixed the issue with contacts going back to alphabet A when scrolling through the list, works great now.
-Also, constant yellow icons when chatting with Iphone people seem to update correctly to green now.
-The "Is Writing You A message" seems to behave so far.
-Battery Idle is behaving too, well for me.

I'm really loving this version, I see less coomplains from the community too, I guess it's a good sign.

My request to the Devs is to try make contacts to automatically update profile pictures when the App syncs rather than having to update them singularly, not a train smash though! And ohh please those lighting Icons please, I can't wait to brag about this App soon as we have those, well I'm already bragging to many, especially the BB freaks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by blakkpanter View Post
Don't be logged in as root
Of course I'm not.

Originally Posted by jtts View Post
With the latest version at least for me the contact synchronization is working. However, when I start Wazapp with terminal instead of the Meego GUI launcher in order to create a log-file, it doesn't work. I use the following command to launch Wazapp in terminal:

/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp &> MyDocs/Documents/wazapp-log.txt

I wonder what goes wrong there?
OK. So when I start wazapp from console without the &> -part, contact sync works like it should. So the whole "&> MyDocs/Documents/wazapp-log.txt" -part is to blame.

Since that doesn't work, is there another easier way to get the log without copying the output from console screen by screen?

Last edited by jtts; 2012-09-16 at 20:27. Reason: Fix typo.

Does any1 of u here hav the wazapp icon placed in the quick launch bar ?? I hav it on my device and it takes approximately 5-8 seconds to launch the app from there when it was only running in the background (like closed by swiping down) , and it takes approximately 15-20 seconds to launch after the app has crashed !!
Don't know whether it is wazapp's prob or the quick launch bar problem

OK. So when I start wazapp from console without the &> -part, contact sync works like it should. So the whole "&> MyDocs/Documents/wazapp-log.txt" -part is to blame.

Since that doesn't work, is there another easier way to get the log without copying the output from console screen by screen?
try with nohup, then you'll get nohup.out which should contain all the program output

Run wazapp from Putty in your PC, and log Putty's session.

Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
try with nohup, then you'll get nohup.out which should contain all the program output
How does that work?

How does that work?
http://www.manpagez.com/man/1/nohup/

Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
If you switch from Cepi's builds to Tgalal's builds and vice versa, you have to delete the .db.
I would need to register again? Because it was a pain for me to do that. (fail-too-many server error)

Edit: I've just done a reboot with a wazzap message not readed. It now shows the correct icon and not the red square.

Last edited by pablow; 2012-09-16 at 23:45.

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
There's a lot of paraoinds out there
Who cares about what you talk in a chat service?
Me, don_falcone, some more ones, not a lot, I know. And a lot of business interested in make databases of people information for dedicated spam.

It's ok if you don't care, but let us care of...

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
What about emails?
Do you think your email provider doesn't know whats inside?
I filter the spam in my email. I don't want neither for me, nor for any of my contacts, to have to filter SMSs or chat spam messages in my mobile :S My email provider have a decent privacy policy. They won't sell all my contacts data to anybody without my strict permission. Whatsapp Inc could do it in some cases or if they decide to change something (without notifying you with time to refuse it).

You didn't replied my question:
What if you let the option but just when not activated all contacts are syncronized without loading them in QML side? That will please everybody.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp