warypopp is right. You can get up to 1W via NFC.
Question is, is the HW of the N9 designed to do this... no idea ?!

The Following User Says Thank You to KTy For This Useful Post:
warypopp is right.
You can get up to 1W via NFC.
Question is, is the N9 HW designed for this prupose...
I doubt it.

The Following User Says Thank You to KTy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by myname24 View Post
hello ? Charge via bluetooth or wifi or better yet charge via 3G .you can dream but not that much
yeah, and wi-fi combined with a repeater and your battery is full in 2 minutes.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaikEF For This Useful Post:
NFC intrinsically means wireless power transmission.
Yes, how do you think the NFC cards or NFC tags work? One device needs to power them up.
Now, such feature would be great, but I doubt N9 has the HW for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to taviman For This Useful Post:
I don't understand of what you guys are talking, but NFC hardware is not for charging phones or any device, NFC is just comunnicating hardware in between two devices that sends/recieved data requested...it can activate a charging device if nokia has planed for it....but as much as i have see a video on youtube dismantling N9? i saw the wires built in it i gues 99% was for charging purpose...but anyway...what do you need that kind of charging...i guess is slower than USB cable that takes 3h to cimplet charge your phone...and charging pad will take longer for sure.
Otherwise it is posible to build one charging pad by yourself by using power of about 12v in mounted bunch of tiny wire..and hope your phone will activate charging...sorry for my grama...!

The Following User Says Thank You to An9 For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to kb61 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Yep, it was described somewhere a while back. But it requires modding inside housing and it's not via NFC.

The Following User Says Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
n9

lumia 800

no how can we use the Qi standard? maybe take apart an 820 back cover

or we make our own
attach a coil into these
http://www.mouser.com/new/texasinstr...wirelesspower/

Last edited by deviantv1ral; 2012-10-05 at 19:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to deviantv1ral For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ german (cologne)
I would never take my Nokia n9 apart.

it's kind of crazy because I'd rather have a cable to charge it

The Following User Says Thank You to warypopp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I apologise for waking up this old thread... Charging via NFC (instead of Qi, or besides Qi) is possible. If the receiver is inclined to use the power received to charge the battery. And the power is usually not higher than 1W, as KTy noted.
Benefits of NFC-enabled wireless charging over lower operating frequencies typically used in wireless charging include lighter antennas, and lower parasitic heating of metallic stray objects.
Besides, adding Near-Field Communication to N900 would be a benefit by itself.
The question is: would adding NFC-antenna to N900, and finding an external NFC-charger, be easier than doing the same with an Energiser Qi wireless charging kit? And the notable disadvantage of NFC-charging is relatively low charging power level (between 0.1W and 1W, while Qi is supplying around 5W?).
I am rising this question because I see the ubiquitous MIFARE and other ISO/IEC 14443-based contactless smart cards, and I hope that it would be possible to charge a mobile phone, when needed, from one of the terminal readers. Clutching at straws, yes, but these terminals seem to be more compatible with each other than power grid in different countries.
Still, as NFC-charging is slow... When you have more than enough power for your needs, an interesting feature would be to communicate with other NFC-enabled devices, including, with appropriate programming, the validators within buses, trams, trains and boats, or the cards within your wallet. However, the protocols of this widespread devices are quite complicated, I expect, as they wish to secure the payment systems from possible cheating.
Still, even ePassport chips can have their data cloned and altered.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
inductive