Its a bit tricky to tell the difference between Update to existing apps and completely new apps.

Would be nice to make this clear so we can vote ONLY on the improvements made as per the rules.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Glad to hear the voting email are reaching people

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Its a bit tricky to tell the difference between Update to existing apps and completely new apps.

Would be nice to make this clear so we can vote ONLY on the improvements made as per the rules.
Yep i know what you mean - you might have to do a bit of digging in the announce/support threads to get all the info you'd like. Or even ask the developer if it's not clear, I'm sure they would be happy that someone's taking an interest in their hard work

I'll be putting an all the update submissions together in a couple of posts later tonight after work which might make it clearer (the 'Updates' guys have been pretty good about listing the updates in their submissions, you'll see once i upload them), and the beginners too if I get the time. I can't access photobucket from behind my work filter unfortunately. I'll tidy up the wiki a bit at the same time, to make it clearer where everything is.

Edit: nice to see some new names on the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" list.. welcome, welcome..

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-19 at 12:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Malaysia
I was voting and I found that it's abit hard to search through the catalog of apps in different categories, so I make a index linking to the categories, hope it helps you

Goodluck developers

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cckwes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post

Personnally i didn't update them, except fixing a bug in sync in KhtNotes. I ll wait the end of the vote to made the 3.10 update availble it s add "stick note" feature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cckwes View Post
I was voting and I found that it's abit hard to search through the catalog of apps in different categories, so I make a index linking to the categories, hope it helps you

Goodluck developers
Thanks cckwes I've also been adding the links onto the "Categories" section in the wiki. I'm not sure if we need 7 new threads just for the voting submissions, or perhaps one big one.. or if linking to the posts in here (like we're doing) would be fine for everyone. I might find a way to do the latter, but make it much clearer in the wiki so it's easier to find them.

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
Personnally i didn't update them, except fixing a bug in sync in KhtNotes. I ll wait the end of the vote to made the 3.10 update availble it s add "stick note" feature.
Thanks Khertan Just so people are clear, Khertan's applications are all 'new' and are not in the Updates category - hence he's being good and waiting til the end of the vote before applying his feature update

Oh I wish I had eyes everywhere.. *waves imaginary stick at the sneaky updaters*

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-19 at 12:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Thanks cckwes I've also been adding the links onto the "Categories" section in the wiki. I'm not sure if we need 7 new threads just for the voting submissions, or perhaps one big one.. or if linking to the posts in here (like we're doing) would be fine for everyone. I might find a way to do the latter, but make it much clearer in the wiki so it's easier to find them.
Hi Ryan,

First, I am sorry to hear about your friends. Second: great work! I don't know how you manage it

A little too little a little too late but I created this google site by just copying the information on your posts.
https://sites.google.com/a/crochik.c...e-competition/

It will be soon be also available at http://cc2012.crochik.com

Do you think there is any value to copy all the rest of the stuff here? I can do the initial copy and will be glad to give you access to edit it as well... Please don't feel obligated to - it is just me trying to help a little.... Hopefully nobody will think that I am trying to influence the voters

Let me know....

p.s. I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full....

Felipe

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Voting right now. Where is the post containing the list of entries for category "Updates and development on existing apps"? And, "Beginners"?
[EDIT]Votes cast, in all categories.[/EDIT]
What would happen if all the voters cast their votes long before the voting deadline? Would the results be known sooner?
Best wishes. Thank you.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2012-09-19 at 13:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Hey fcrochik that site looks good! MUCH easier to follow than the various posts! I think kojacker should definitly use that.

A single page with all the info, in nice categories. Forums are not really designed for this.

How do I vote? I've link my accounts but I have no idea how to vote (can I even vote? - I am a particpant in the competition as well).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Toulouse, France
And another dumb question... who will vote and how to vote?

This should be clarified on the wiki page, I think.

I just created just for the occasion of proposing my application so I have a karma of 0. Does it mean I am not allowed to vote?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tigre-bleu For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by tigre-bleu View Post
And another dumb question... who will vote and how to vote?

This should be clarified on the wiki page, I think.

I just created just for the occasion of proposing my application so I have a karma of 0. Does it mean I am not allowed to vote?
Anybody can vote as long as you have a karma of 10...You should be receiving the voting token now...Just link your TMO account to maemo.org account so that you can accumulate karma...

IIRC it takes 3 days for the linkage to complete...Try doing the link now and if you have 10 karma at least after the linkage you may request for a voting token if it isn't sent to you...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas