The two big issues that spring to my mind are the black units have a horrible tendency to chip the laquer away if not kept in a case and my own unlucky problem of an erratic screen issue where the touch screen would go mental. The latter being a manufacturing fault with individual devices.

Oh and one more, a number of folks have found that their dcreens will twitch when they put it on charge.

Thankfully I only have had one of those and many have not seen either at all (the silicone case helps with chipping).

IMO, they are good phones but they are nothing like the internet tablets of old (the browser sucks) and the n9 still has not given me a reason to pack my n900 away yet.

Take away what you may from the above

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
The only issue I've had with my N9 is it doesn't always talk to my router. Which is solved my rebooting the router.

Apart from that it is the best PHONE I've ever had - my N900 gave too many headaches on a day to day basis as a phone. As a tablet it still gets use at home.

I'm on my 2nd N9, as I broke the screen recently (alcohol related shenanigans) and found a 64gb in a store! ($400 AUD). I could have had any phone, yet still only wanted an N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
I dunno about you N900 be seems like it was not the N900 fault but bad phone or damaged while shiped or was of the first (that had faukty USB)
my N900 didn't have any hardware problems (didn't have the dreaded faulty usb)
it was my first smartphone and I'm happy with it
I dropped it a couple of times and its sill sturdy
i had only one problem when i installed kruchtik and it hogged all CPU and empied the battery in 1hour and after unistalling its as good as new

The Following User Says Thank You to zazuge For This Useful Post:
you need to realise that the NIT (770 to N900) never were commercial products but R&D only

thus the Community support & developments.
whatever NOKIA representative told you that garbage... doesn't know what s/he is talking about.

N9 was a desperate (because late) attempt to offer a mass-market device
actually already the N900 was "too late" adding a GSM MoDem and thus at last the phone functionality.

NOKIA could probably have sold (a lot) more NITs if they had added the darn GSM right from the beginning. and wouldn't have needed the apple marketing hype to sell them... there were NOKIAs after all

Only problem with the N9 is the lack of apps.

If you're okay with that, it's a great phone, with good hardware and a great UI.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wowfunhappy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Hyderabad, India
Lack of apps is a thing. But more than that, unable to make video calls through 3g and Skype is a major let down. What is the use of front cam? gtalk video call? ppl hardly use it.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
the most dangerous thing from n9 is swipe, its too addictive !!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It might be additive but is it effective? I'm using my n9 rarely today.

Lets take the ten most used functions on a smartphone n9, Android windows Phone and iphone. Take the time for every action. What will win?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Dave999, there will always be a phone for everyone's own needs...

You might like the Note for your needs doesn't mean that you say who will win etc...Just like the Note suits you, the N9 suits many many people [me included]...

This which phone is better is just like those stupid contests of whose pen*s is longer...Its redundant and never-ending stupidity...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
choose what suits you bests, your phone = your money at least,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post: