Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
OK. But do you not think credit should be given to Jolla for doing things how they feel is best. It's not up to you / us to plan / decide how they should be going forward.
what? I thought this thread was CEO of jolla

Correct. They can have many reason for not want to get out there. They might lack the skills of marketing, focus on china only wants to sell a limited number of phone to handle supply and demand with waiting times, only selling to geeks and not avrage joe or 1000 of other valid reasons. There a lots of things we dont know.

But one thing is clear. Keeping a low profile will sell fewer devices.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-22 at 10:55.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Keeping a low profile or simply forming their strategy?

Either way, I do finally get your point. But as keen as you seem for them to be 'on top of things' promotion-wise I still reckon they know what they are doing and are doing it their way for their reasons.

On a sidenote, if the eventual device is soap-shaped or even circular (god forbid) I'm firmly blaming YOU

Anybody care to speculate what the "groundbreaking things in local network" that Jolla is cooperating with Joikusoft to do?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Anybody care to speculate what the "groundbreaking things in local network" that Jolla is cooperating with Joikusoft to do?
Jokeusoft still owe me money from their Freud software to n900. I hope they aren't that involved in this. If so, I so will sue them.

But I do like "groundbreaking things in local network" But I have no clue what that could be. Some sharing/storing option via network is my guess.

EDiT:
Can this be it http://www.joiku.com/news_items/32-j...-launched-soon

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-22 at 14:14.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Jokeusoft still owe me money from their Freud software to n900. I hope they aren't that involved in this. If so, I so will sue them.

But I do like "groundbreaking things in local network" But I have no clue what that could be. Some sharing/storing option via network is my guess.
They did quite a good job for the wifi hotspot in the N9, and they are involved in this, read Q12:
http://jollatides.com/2012/09/21/sep...jussi-hurmola/

EDiT:
Can this be it http://www.joiku.com/news_items/32-j...-launched-soon
Could be that, or this:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VTFTVTBLNkE6MQ

I guess the second is nothing groundbreaking though

Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
They did quite a good job for the wifi hotspot in the N9, and they are involved in this, read Q12:
http://jollatides.com/2012/09/21/sep...jussi-hurmola/
Came here to post this...

I can't wait to see what they come up with.

I have data mined the whole Internet and can't find a single lead that announcment is imminent.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
That took you guys waaay too long to find!
Sure it was mentioned here or somewhere else at TMO ages ago, at least I'm sure I posted it, maybe I only shared it in Twitter land

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I have data mined the whole Internet and can't find a single lead that announcment is imminent.
you are very inpatient aren't you? xD

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla