Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
Installing Nemo will repartition the EMMC of the device, so it was possibly that. Did you actually try to mount the "missing" space and see what was there?
He didn't install Nemo on it I know how it works

It had an unallocated space...A clean format with Fat32 4096byte clusters fixed it up...

Edit: 2+ hours to fix 3 different N9s not just this one single N9...I clearly stated this...

Edit2: No I had told Arie at first to do a format...He mistakenly did a exFat format due to which can't access user data message popped up..I told him to send me the screen [which I uploaded above] saw the error and told him to do a Fat32 and it got fixed...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-25 at 04:45.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
did I get lost in the jolla sheep thread? will we start saying jPhone, jPad, and jDOn't.

Where is that product?
Oh, and where is the "mighty" Lumia 920 and 820? Can we queue up to buy it?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
He didn't install Nemo on it I know how it works

It had an unallocated space...A clean format with Fat32 4096byte clusters fixed it up...

Edit: 2+ hours to fix 3 different N9s not just this one single N9...I clearly stated this...

Edit2: No I had told Arie at first to do a format...He mistakenly did a exFat format due to which can't access user data message popped up..I told him to send me the screen [which I uploaded above] saw the error and told him to do a Fat32 and it got fixed...
Thanks for the replies. So *did* you guys try to mount the extra space or was it completely unpartitioned? And how did you know it wasn't Nemo? Sounds like a Nemo install to me...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
Thanks for the replies. So *did* you guys try to mount the extra space or was it completely unpartitioned? And how did you know it wasn't Nemo? Sounds like a Nemo install to me...
It was totally unpartitioned...If it was Nemo two things would be required; an dual-boot (open mode) kernel + an ext partition...Both were missing in this case...

Also I'm not sure about as it is now but a few months back when I was starting off, I installed Nemo on my device and wanted to re-flash my device it had the error of the partition table not matching...I had started a thread here to solve it...

This device on the other hand was able to do a rootfs flash without any issues...

I think Arie did try mounting it on Ubuntu that's why we found it wasn't a ext2 partition...I'll check with him this later too...We did this last night at 1+am here...He is 15hours behind my time so I was going to drop when we started it but managed to fix all of them relatively quick...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-25 at 04:58.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's no really no point in speculation of where the phone is since it will probably be announced this year(jolla stated) with and released next year. What more important is what is jolla announcing and possibly even how?

Now, I hope to read more information from jolla via Jussi Hurmola and that he can indicated on what corner jolla with friends are headed to.

To do this we need all information available so please focusing of finding facts, rumors or even a string of information and we can slowly build a ċicture of what's coming.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere

here the mighty jolla,

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post

here the mighty jolla,
Yeah, soap shaped as we expected.. Don't like the colour.

Is it water resistant?

http://jollatides.com/2012/09/24/jol...ext-big-thing/

BIG THING!

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-25 at 10:15.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Something that Dave999 will enjoy!!!
Wild Speculation Post #1 (Elephant in the Room?)
Now...that is some serious speculation

"I will try and sum all of this up – the route that I am speculating Jolla could take :

1/ Develop own custom MeeGo UI with 3rd party hardware manufacturer (someone like Nokia) for Jolla branded handset: release and sell billions (like the strategy Google use with Samsung on the Google Nexus)

2/ Gain huge momentum and respect from other mobile phone manufacturers and subsequently start licensing Jolla software to the big boys eg. Samsung, HTC, Sony etc

3/ Continue releasing one Jolla branded phone per year followed by other devices as momentum with Jolla OS continues to build over the years.

4/ Continue growth and releasing OS updates annually and servicing 3rd party manufacturers.

5/ Become the number one OS used worldwide"

LOL World domination!
Can someone invited this guy to this thread. He is very much needed here!

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-25 at 20:25.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla