Have to install in terminal, i think.

Originally Posted by evujumenuk View Post
Have to install in terminal, i think.
Indeed you do. Also, while I am now able to initiate and receive Gtalk video calls, I now get no video in either direction... I only installed gstreamer and liboil to make this "work"...

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
traysh you installed the packages from Rzr's repo? Or?
Yes, rzr, except liboil and gstreamer. By the way, video is working for me in both directions.

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Yes, rzr, except liboil and gstreamer. By the way, video is working for me in both directions.
@traysh:
I am very jealous that you have video in both directions. I can make and receive calls, but video is completely gone. I reflashed and confirmed that the same behavior is present. Maybe the other packages help too.
Can you tell me how you got lame installed? I am getting dependency issues (see a previous post) about libncurses being too old a version and have no way of updating it...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
All the packages that traysh indicated can be downloaded from my dropbox: http://db.tt/WYzuFH7p

They shouldn't give you any dependencies issue as I tested to make sure the above is all you need when you wish to install...

What you can do is extract all of them to a folder e.g. /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/GtalkVid/

Then as root in terminal do:

Code:
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads/GtalkVid/*.deb

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
If you get any errors please post the full output here so that I can guide...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
If you get any errors please post the full output here so that I can guide...
Thanks. No errors, just a couple of warnings. I must not have gotten the right packages before:

Unpacking lame (from .../lame_3.98.4+repack2-3~bpo60+1_armel.deb) ...
file /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/digsigsums cannot be opened
No digsigsums file
Selecting previously deselected package libmp3lame0.
Unpacking libmp3lame0 (from .../libmp3lame0_3.98.4+repack2-3~bpo60+1_armel.deb) ...
Package libmp3lame0: File '/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmp3lame0.postinst' not in digsigsums -- warning
Package libmp3lame0: File '/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmp3lame0.postrm' not in digsigsums -- warning
Package libmp3lame0: File '/usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0.0.0' not in digsigsums -- warning
No digsigsums file

Still incoming video on my phone though. Works fine now in initiating and receiving video calls, it just does not get the video feed... but it sends out the video from the phone...

Last edited by GringoT; 2012-09-29 at 03:52. Reason: Edit

the warnings are fine... the installation won't be affected by them...

did you try a reboot?

in mine my video isn't sent out although i can see my own video...must be some stupid gtalk bug...i can receive video fine though...

yep, rebooted a few times. I also tried uninstalling Gtalk and reinstalling. Still no incoming video, but outgoing is all good... I guess that's it for me for tonight. Thanks for your help!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Let me share my experiences, after installing gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg_0.10.9-2maemo2_armel.deb the outgoing video started to work but incoming video stopped from working.

But when I did: dpkg -P gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg

then both incoming and outgoing videos started to work fine, so my guess is that installing and then uninstalling ffmpeg package fixes some directory permissions, codec registrations or something, and afterwards everything starts to work.

regards, Jonni
Happy global vanilla 001 PR1.3 user with working in/out google video talk.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-09-29 at 12:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:

Tags
gtalk, video call