Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I did what rainisto suggested still my video doesn't appear on another device...Incoming is fine...

To add, i've been having this issue since day 1 of the plugin being released but since I don't use it much I havent bothered with it...

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ SP-Brasil
Following these tips my video call is working again! Thank you!
How do I re-appear on the contact card the option to call the person on video, because I can only call to chat message, but if the person I call for video works. Thank you.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ SP-Brasil
Working with me this video in both input and output devices. Tested in the Xoom from my wife. First installed package Gtalk. Restarted and operated only the input video. I uninstalled the package friend suggested and rebooted again, and now everything works, just can not call people on video.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Let me share my experiences, after installing gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg_0.10.9-2maemo2_armel.deb the outgoing video started to work but incoming video stopped from working.

But when I did: dpkg -P gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg

then both incoming and outgoing videos started to work fine, so my guess is that installing and then uninstalling ffmpeg package fixes some directory permissions, codec registrations or something, and afterwards everything starts to work.

regards, Jonni
Happy global vanilla 001 PR1.3 user with working in/out google video talk.
Jonni,
Happy to hear it worked for you. For me, removing the package got my right back to where I started: no possibility to make outgoing video calls... reinstalled the package, and now I can make calls again, but no incoming video...
It was worth a try...

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
oh and second thing that I noticed that video-call installer didn't have working aegis manifest, so I did following commands manually on the commandline:
devel-su
/opt/bin/video-call-installer true
chmod 777 /etc/call-ui
chmod 777 /etc/call-ui/callUIVideoButton
/usr/lib/package-manager/reboot.sh

That enabled the video call button on the ui.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I did what rainisto suggested still my video doesn't appear on another device...Incoming is fine...
I'm actually getting the reverse. My video appears on the other device (pc, in this case), but on my N9 I'm not getting any incoming video. This after I installed gstreamer.

On the other hand, when I uninstalled gstreamer, like Rainisto suggested, I was unable to make any calls. The connection would just shut off if I answered a call at either end.

The randomness is staggering

after installing, i'm back at the way it used to work: in other words, i can initiate video calls and it works fine, but incoming video calls fail/end right away.

if it can be fixed that would be great but i'm thankful to peeps for figuring this out at all.

Any news from anyone on this issue? I got a call from Nokia, and it was a little sad and funny at the same time. They are trying to help, but they obviously have never even seen the device... very sad, come to think of it.

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
oh and second thing that I noticed that video-call installer didn't have working aegis manifest, so I did following commands manually on the commandline:
devel-su
chmod 777 /etc/call-ui

That enabled the video call button on the ui.
Is this one line?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Timpaxi View Post
Is this one line?
Code:
devel-su
chmod 777 /etc/call-ui
its one command/line

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: