Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Community may eventually find a way*, ofc Jollla will provide little-to-no help with that (other than keeping things as open as practical).
Nor should they have to, their energies/resources need to be totally focused on THEIR device/s.

*given that it's based on MeR/Nemo it's quite possible
I quite disagree with what you said, in my sig there is the link for N9 kernel update project which essentially is to update the N9 kernel and also "allow" mer core to work on N9.

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2012-10-04 at 11:40.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I quite disagree with what you said, in my sig there is the link for N9 kernel update project which essentially is to update the N9 kernel and also "allow" mer core to work on N9.
Yes, I'm aware of it, I've been following the thread you started (& the main sources)...
The original question asked whether Sailfish will be installable on the N9 when it's 1st officially released.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-10-04 at 11:44.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yes, I'm aware of it, I've been following the thread you started (& the main sources)...
The original question asked whether Sailfish will be installable on the N9 when it's 1st officially released.
If the updated kernel is ready it time that should remove a huge obstacle already.

Officially Jolla said they will not support N9 as it's Nokia's product BUT I know that CEO himself and many guys at Jolla still use N9 as their main device there is no doubt that they got Jolla OS running N9's xD BUT That's just my speculation/guess

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I love my N9 and all but I really want a N900 successor. A jolla N900 successor (if I can call it that)

something with Meego Sailfish + qwerty.
It doesn't have to have cutting edge specs.

Sailfish + qwerty + 3.7'' screen will do it for me.
Something smart, pocketable and (why not) beautiful..

We need to see at least a leaked photo or something.. It's October already!

I don't want to buy a Milestone (moto droid), I don't want the Xperia Pro, E7 is old and weak, Captivate Glide is large and still.. android (meh)

My only hope is Jolla.

**I haven't forgot about the good old N900 though. I've put Nemo OS in it and I'm waiting to see how well this project develops..

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-10-04 at 12:09.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Jolla, I am waiting. Reveal the launch day!

Edit: Or at least reveal the day when the launch day will be revealed.

Last edited by OVK; 2012-10-04 at 13:01.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
If the updated kernel is ready it time that should remove a huge obstacle already.

Officially Jolla said they will not support N9 as it's Nokia's product BUT I know that CEO himself and many guys at Jolla still use N9 as their main device there is no doubt that they got Jolla OS running N9's xD BUT That's just my speculation/guess
The situation is pretty simple. The N9s may make great development devices, but the hardware adaptation that's available for it have a clause about commercial distribution forbidden. This means that a company like Jolla can't do anything - on top of the expectations that 'support' means that a non-Nokia company can't do that. That's the very simple practical reason. The efforts that go into Mer and bits and pieces of Nemo, naturally would arrive on Nemo for N9 too.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Let's hope we'll see some hardware too!

great news. I cannot wait

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Brazil
21 - 22 November
#JollaDay

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by diogotrc View Post
21 - 22 November
#JollaDay
At least, we have a date!

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla