Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
That's the thing main users already have Samsung galaxy 3 and IPhone5 that's over 40+ million customers. So Lumia range will be for those who already haven't bought SG3 or I5. But on the other hand everyone I spoke to absolutely hates windows phone and it's interface and would rather wait for next big android.

I am not market analyst but it's obviously Lumia sales are quite ****, I hope it does good though, I don't want to see market dominated by Android and iOS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
elop says

"I have no indications they are planning to do their own phone,” Elop said. “They can do it if they so choose.”

slashdot says

BGR has learned that the Redmond, Washington-based company plans to release its own Windows Phone 8 smartphone in the coming months."

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/10...one-smartphone

So, with nokias maps on microsoft hardware, can we finally say that this is the end for nokia? Even if microsoft hasn't told Elop? Incredible!

The Following User Says Thank You to marbleuser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
To be fair, Elop did not "admit failure" according to that article, he just said "we could have done better", more or less.

Perhaps another 'oh crap' moment - this time with WP8.

He doesn't seem to be a good CEO - I'm starting to sport a pattern here!

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
To be fair, Elop did not "admit failure" according to that article, he just said "we could have done better", more or less.
Yeah. Misleading thread title