Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I have prev, play/pause. next, vol+/-, pick up the phone buttons. on the stock headphones,

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Strange because both my N9s have this 1-button headset: http://www.flickr.com/photos/orangescale/6308520094/

Well I have this one http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/949/9...976949_554.jpg
(может быть это из-за того что у меня «серый» телефон?)
Anyway, buttons worked just perfect as headphones did. But now I can't control music player, volume and answer the call, but mic still works.

I am thinking about this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BH-214-B...item4d04c26085
Cheap and free delivery... but BT will drain a battery much faster.

I have never regret that I bought BT headset.
Much more convenient and usable. And no tangles of wires at last!
Battery drains faster, but it is noticeable only if you're listening all the time.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
I am thinking about this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BH-214-B...item4d04c26085
Cheap and free delivery... but BT will drain a battery much faster.
BH-214 is a good headset, for sure the fact that you can use your own headphone with it.

Bare in mind that it should stick quite close to your mouth in order to improve the speech quality.

I used to work for Nokia Accessories and whilst I can recommend the BH-214 to anyone I'd not use it, here's why.

1. Battery - not only of your N9, but as well your BH-214 (different connector so while travelling you need to bring microUSB as well as 2mm Nokia charger)

2. BT - WLAN - This is always a problem. Radio frequencies interfere with each other, We have the WlanScan toggle which will improve this stutter but it will not completely solve it

3. Not possible to lock the keys, so when you are accidentally pressing a button the music stops, starts over again or plays the next song, minor issue you might think, but have been in many situations where i really thought "bloody headset!"

These 3 reasons are KEY to me, and will be for many others.

So I'd recommend you buying the AD-54 (see it as a BH-214 but with a cable) - Use your own headphones with it, Quality wise a good buy.
Comes in white and black (both looking stylish) and the cost price on ebay is less than 10euro including shipment. (that's nothing!)

Don't worry about battery drainage / Stuttering music / Accidentally pressing a control button (you can lock keys )

Disadvantage?
Nothing except for the fact that not all 3rd party apps are supporting it (e.g. Qspot - Flowplayer...)

The Following User Says Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
So I'd recommend you buying the AD-54
Thanks fellow, I do appreciate your advice but the only reason I think about BT headphones is that my N9 doesn't work with wired headphones (well it does if I use Mitrandir's headphone switcher application, but it is not very comfort to use and buttons on the headphones doesn't work even with this app).
I listen music about 4 hours a day so small battery in BH-214 it is not a problem (I think N9 with BT will die much faster if I forget to shut down Ethernet connection, lol) anyway, I can plug my Koss headphones directly in N9.
What about problem #2? I think I did not get it...

#2 is about radio frequency interference between BT and WiFi (and also microwave ovens ).
Though, I didn’t noticed such issues with my bt headset.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
No prob, dont really understand why wired headphones are not working with your N9?
I use ad-54 with B&W headphones and the sound is just perfect.

About #2, If you use internet (WLAN connection) while you're listening to music it might happen that your music will stutter. Packages are being send and delivered over WLAN so these signals can interfere with bluetooth connection.

I do say MIGHT as in some examples (depending on location of base station etc) almost no stutter is present.

The Following User Says Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
The stutter is also evident if another phone comes into the space directly between your headset and phone...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: