Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Cape Town, South Africa
An entirely new bug (I think it's a bug), not yet a pressing issue but worth noting.:
Wazapp sometimes terminates itself while running in the background. I notice this because I am not a heavy user of the app.

You swipe down thinking it will run in the background only to find, when switching on to text someone, that the app actually terminated and you have unreceived messages

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
last night installed new 0410 version and fasterN9, last stable version, too - idle consumption today, on 2G (with some Nokia Drive and QNeptunea in the bacground) - 14mA. excellent!

[tw] @kegnatz

The Following User Says Thank You to Zelig For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by white buffalo View Post
An entirely new bug (I think it's a bug), not yet a pressing issue but worth noting.:
Wazapp sometimes terminates itself while running in the background. I notice this because I am not a heavy user of the app.

You swipe down thinking it will run in the background only to find, when switching on to text someone, that the app actually terminated and you have unreceived messages
Try this in terminal:

Code:
devel-sutouch /etc/init/apps/wazapp.conf

nano /etc/init/apps/wazapp.conf
Content of wazapp.conf is
Code:
description "wazapp autostart service"
author "brkn"
stop on core_shutdown
respawn
respawn limit 10 300
console none
nice 2
normal exit 139
This will make Wazapp respawn when exiting.

NOTE: you won't be able to quit Wazapp - it will always restart!!!!

EDIT: Once Tarek fixes the segfault 139 error on quitting Wazapp (see https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp/issues/119), the script will work properly (with normal exit 0).

Last edited by brkn; 2012-10-07 at 11:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
Hey guys, don't know if it was a bug or a feature, but I remember back a few releases, when I was typing a message to a friend, he/she didn't know that I was typing a message, and I would really like to have it as a feature, I'm thinking some kind of switch that let us do this, I mean something like Pidgin (those that use this client will know what I'm talking about)

Hi. I need help on this badly.
Trying to get this app to work on nokia n9.
But the app keep saying delete account from accounts manager and re register. So i dont know what to do.
Pls Help?

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by viviannntannn View Post
Hi. I need help on this badly.
Trying to get this app to work on nokia n9.
But the app keep saying delete account from accounts manager and re register. So i dont know what to do.
Pls Help?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Wazapp#Need_to_re-register

i've been testing wazapp for a while and it has been working really well since first registration, BUT yesterday i was asked to remove the account to register it again. Now initial registration fail with a "fail-old-version"... i suppose it's someway related to server version, is there a way to fix that?
Thanks

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
last night installed new 0410 version and fasterN9, last stable version, too - idle consumption today, on 2G (with some Nokia Drive and QNeptunea in the bacground) - 14mA. excellent!
Herr the same last version from cepi and fastern9 unstable version works really really great !!!

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Netherlands
The old version...... is only when you have whatsapp install to another mobile phone or maybe a tablet with the same mobile number

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp