Active Topics

Notices

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or an obvious problem.
I have had a problem with my email since I got the phone, running PR 1.2 and the issue is not resolved now I'm on PR 1.3.

With my Hotmail account my N9 downloaded every single one of my messages (all 3.5 thousand) and marked them as unread! The main issue though is that when I try to mark all as read the phone says 'mail not responding' and asks me if I want to close the app. Before the update it said 'fenix not responding'. I have tried restarting, updating, and deleting then re-adding Hotmail but to no avail. For some reason no one else seems to have this problem but I'm not going to go through every single email one at a time marking them as read.

Anybody know a solution?

Originally Posted by mattypaul View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong section or an obvious problem.
I have had a problem with my email since I got the phone, running PR 1.2 and the issue is not resolved now I'm on PR 1.3.

With my Hotmail account my N9 downloaded every single one of my messages (all 3.5 thousand) and marked them as unread! The main issue though is that when I try to mark all as read the phone says 'mail not responding' and asks me if I want to close the app. Before the update it said 'fenix not responding'. I have tried restarting, updating, and deleting then re-adding Hotmail but to no avail. For some reason no one else seems to have this problem but I'm not going to go through every single email one at a time marking them as read.

Anybody know a solution?
Just set it up as a MFE account and use memailsettings to ensure it syncs correctly. Way better than messing around with pop and imap etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
What server address and port do I use when I set up MFE?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
m.hotmail.com

Secure Connection: Yes

Port: 443

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
There is an invalid host address. What does this mean? What is the correct one?

Originally Posted by mattypaul View Post
There is an invalid host address. What does this mean? What is the correct one?
Now use MeMailSettings and in easy tweak mode select your account and force Eas protocol version to 2.5...

Then when you click sync it'll work...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
this article solved the problem with mfe for me

it's from mynokiablog

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/08/20/ho...utlook-for-n9/

important part:
First up, you’ll need to log into your email from the web (whether it is your phone or computer doesn’t matter). Once logged in, look at the address bar. There will be a six-character combination at the beginning, 3 letters, 3 numbers. For example, mine is snt002. The important part is the first three. Take note of that somewhere.

Now, on your device, go to Accounts>MFE Account>Conn. Settings>Server Address. Here, type your 3 letter code followed by -m.hotmail.com. It should look similar to this: snt-m.hotmail.com

Once you’re done that, try synching your account again. If that doesn’t work, don’t panic.There is still one more thing to try. Download an app called memailsettings. Once installed, select easy tweak mode, select your account, enable “Force EAS protocol version” and type 2.5 in the text box below.

The Following User Says Thank You to MarcAnton For This Useful Post:
The mynokiablog.com solution is pretty dated and actually originated here in the MfE thread (it has a 50% chance of success)...the force eas protocol version to 2.5 is the only lasting and easy solution...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thanks! At last hotmail is working. The app was what did it for me, unfortunately the solution from MyNokiaBlog didn't for me.

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I have searched everywhere for help, and this seems to be as close as I can find (at least in a thread that isn't long dead). I am trying to get my Yahoo Business Mail account to work with my N9.
I have not been able to do this since I got the phone (PR 1.1). I just keep getting connection or password errors. I also used to get this problem with my Hotmail account before switching it to a MfE account and using MeMailSettings.
My biggest problem is that I cannot seem the proper settings to even allow the Yahoo account to creat an MfE account to see if MeMailSettings could even help. I can only seem to find non-business mail account settings.
Does anyone have any ideas?