Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Vicenza (Italy)
Hi,
I've posted this issue to nokia discussion forum but received no answer, so I'm trying here now so that is somebody had the same problem can answer me.

I had a Nokia N900 and now I have a Nokia N9.

I've successfully synced via Bluetooth my N900 with N9 (calendar, contacts).
I was happy to notice that also N900 birthday calendar was copied from N900 to N9.

Unfortunately I cannot make any modification to this imported Birthday calendar on my N9 because it is somehow blocked: no "edit" button appears when I select a birthday event.

Does anyone know how to modify these birthday events in the imported calendar?

Thanks in advance

Michele

Humm, no answer, probably this is a rare / difficult request...

Trying to simplify: does anyone know where are calendars stored in N9, I mean in which directory?

Thanks

Calendar is stored in sqlite db located here:

Code:
/home/user/.calendar/db

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Afaik birthdays are taken from the contactlist. You can add a event "birthday" and put it on yearly event

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Afaik birthdays are taken from the contactlist. You can add a event "birthday" and put it on yearly event
Yup. Same as already on N900.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Denmark :D
Now we are writing about borthdays in the calender..

Is it somehow possible to add birthdays from facebook into N9's calender? It works with my Skype contacts, but can't find anything for Facebook :s

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
You're right: I thought this was working on the N900 and not on N9, but it works on the N9 too.
On the N900 you could change birthday alarm settings whilst on the N9 you cannot.
That's why the birthday calendar is "blocked"...

So the issue can be marked as SOLVED.

Sorry for making everybody lose time.

I'm interested to import facebook birthdays on the n9.....
How I can do that?

Originally Posted by idro View Post
I'm interested to import facebook birthdays on the n9.....
How I can do that?
A delayed answer: to have the birthday displayed in the calendar view you have to create a new contact in which you put the birthday date as the only field and then you have to merge the existing contact with the one you just created.
this should do the trick (it's a long and dumb procedure, but the simpliest I found)