Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mpy View Post
Are there any news about the problem with stuttering of the video recording as mentioned by Mandibela?

The N9 is so much better with FasterN9 (thanks!), so uninstalling is not a real option -- but video recording is virtually not usable at the moment.

Sorry, if the answer is already there in one of the 100 pages -- I didn't read through all, with thread search I could not find any clue.
I really don't have that problem anymore. I'm running 1.0.0.

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
I really don't have that problem anymore. I'm running 1.0.0.
I have it too and I'm on 1.0.0 as well. It mega lags occasionaly while recording.

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
same here, lags in video recording.
i'll try to free some space to be sure.

Installed v1.0, didn't think it would have as much of an effect as it has, it's pretty amazing! However with QuasarMX, audio goes quiet (it doesn't skip or stall, it keeps playing, but sound blanks out) when the app is in the background and UI heavy stuff like scrolling is happening on screen.

Kind of review for stable (1.0.0) version.

Installed it about a week ago and... uninstalled it tonight.

Pros:
+ really smooth UI transitions
+ kind of faster boot up process
+ smooth and fast keyboard layout switching

Cons:
- video playback stutters really bad

Yeah, only one negative moment. But it was enough for me to uninstall it, 'cause I watch YouTube videos pretty often.

I can't say that default (without FasterN9) video playback is perfectly smooth, but FasterN9 really worsens the situation. You can test video playback performance on this two videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HKoqNJtMTQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIwmJMqrco (stuttering is more noticeable in the second video). Open them with something that uses default system videoplayer (like cuteTube).

EDIT:
Also, it seems that idle battery consumption increased by ~ 4mA during this week.

Last edited by PIDk; 2012-10-20 at 21:35.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
^ for me, the latest unstable version has very little or no lag/stutter with video record or playback.

It used to lag on previous versions versions, but I'm not sure the problem can be pointed to FasterN9. Ironically, with the unstable version, things are very stable and smooth.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
I have the stable version installed and i watch You Tube videos through CuteTube all the time with no stuttering at all.

I agree with Flopjoke in that the latest 'unstable' version has been even faster and more stable than the stable version, though I haven't had a single problem with either of them, including no video stuttering. Perhaps there was another cause? I do overclock my device as well, so who knows?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Well, I will try to use unstable version. But the fact was that after uninstalling FasterN9 all stuttering was gone.

I have inception and unrestricted-system-ui installed. What do you guys think, can this somehow conflict with FasterN9?
And what can you say about increased idle power consumption?

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Netherlands
for me too , unstable version working good , stable version not very good