Poll: Have you had troubles when power on your unit?
Poll Options
Have you had troubles when power on your unit?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Just to have an idea how many users have been affected by this miserable shortcoming

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
no issues (4 weeks old N800, OS2008=

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
Originally Posted by junior View Post
no issues (4 weeks old N800, OS2008=
Don't be shy... vote!

Once, when the battery was dead because I left it playing MP3s all night by mistake...

I voted based on my first N800, which was so bad that I finally returned it. My current N800 has had no problems, but I very seldom turn it off for fear it will freak out like the first one did.

Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
I voted based on my first N800, which was so bad that I finally returned it. My current N800 has had no problems, but I very seldom turn it off for fear it will freak out like the first one did.
Clinically, that's called poweronphobia...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
OS2008 has a new program called Powerlaunch. I wonder if that has an effect on this issue? It gives you more choices after you hit the power switch, namely Soft poweroff. I wonder if that's better for those of you who have this problem? (I've never had it.)

Last edited by geneven; 2008-01-15 at 20:33.

No option that I see for yes, with all of them.

Specifically, drain the battery of a device, plug in the charger, and try to start it with the charger in. In fact, 90% of the time I try to start it with the charger in, I get issues.

Are you wanting the state of play before or after I reported the power issue as being a fault in the product, returned it and got a fully working one in exchange?

Originally Posted by jaark View Post
Are you wanting the state of play before or after I reported the power issue as being a fault in the product, returned it and got a fully working one in exchange?
Before, the idea is to have a magnitude of units affected despite you have a fully working one exchange.