Posts: 155 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Did you read what's written on the page I linked? Did you follow the instructions there? The first Q/A there is "Q: I can't update, as I get the message: TO UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO THIS VERSION OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM YOU MUST USE NOKIA PC SUITE ON YOUR PC..."

Meh.

Check "Problems" tab in application manager, and if you cannot sort why you cannot install CSSU-thumb, post what's written there.
Still asks me to connect via PC suite.
Problems:
Application pacakges missing: libpoppler-glib4 (>=0.12), libidn11 (>=0.5.18), libwildmidi0, libspeex1 (>=1.2~beta3-1)

will
apt-get update
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr fix the above problem?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by n900d-i-y View Post
Still asks me to connect via PC suite.
Problems:
Application pacakges missing: libpoppler-glib4 (>=0.12), libidn11 (>=0.5.18), libwildmidi0, libspeex1 (>=1.2~beta3-1)

will
apt-get update
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr fix the above problem?
Most probably no, as your device seems to have missing dependencies. Are you sure you have Nokia catalogs enabled in HAM?

Make sure Nokia catalogs are enabled and then retry.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-10-22 at 08:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Most probably no, as your device seems to have missing dependencies. Are you sure you have Nokia catalogs enabled in HAM?

Make sure Nokia catalogs are enabled and then retry.
Enabled the nokia catalogues, now only 2 packages are missing.
libpoppler-glib4 and libidn11.

EDIT: just enabled Extras-Devel and that got rid of the last 2 missing packages. Should I proceed?

Last edited by n900d-i-y; 2012-10-22 at 08:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to n900d-i-y For This Useful Post:
Enabled the nokia catalogues, now only 2 packages are missing.
libpoppler-glib4 and libidn11.
Now enable Maemo Extras catalog too and you should be fine.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Now enable Maemo Extras catalog too and you should be fine.
Extras-Devel right?

I give up, someone to take it from here, please

Community SSU developer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I give up, someone to take it from here, please
Sorry if I've upset you. I just want to make sure I don't stuff up my phone. Again sorry if I've upset you, installing as we speak.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Extras-Devel right?
There are 3 Extras catalogues: Extras, Extras-Testing & Extras-Devel... freemangordon quite clearly said that you need Extras one...
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sEKI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Some people you have to tell everything... Sorry, but with a username like yours, it's becoming a bit laughable now, y'a know?

Look, there's even a nice'n'shiny Wiki about those repositories. And for locating missing packes, there's the package interface - it even shows you in which rep a certain package is stored.

As for the "don't want to mess it up" part:

Either you read up a bit _before_ to mitigate the risks somehow, or simply put you learn from your mistakes. It's as easy as that!

There's almost no way learning from pestering, i mean questioning others for every bit of information, while not taking a risk... The time it takes you to post questions and waiting for (possible) answers, you could educate yourself in the meantime.

Because chances are high that at least some other person already experienced & hopefully researched quite the same issue / question months before you...

N900 is almost indestructible. (That is, if the USB port stays with you.)

(Maybe we should install an answering machine, just like in IT Crowd: "Have you tried turning it off and on again? Did you make sure it really is plug'd in?")

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-10-22 at 09:03.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Some people you have to tell everything... Sorry, but with a username like yours, it's becoming a bit laughable now, y'a know?

Look, there's even a nice'n'shiny Wiki about those. As for the "don't want to mess it up" part:

Either you read up a bit _before_ to mitigate the risks, or you learn from your mistakes. It's as easy as that. There's almost no way learning from pestering, i mean questioning others for every bit of information, while not taking a risk... The time it takes you to post questions and waiting for possible answers, you could educate yourself in the meantime. Because chances are high that at least some other person already experienced quite the same months before you...

N900 is almost indestructible. That is, if the USB port stays with you.

(Maybe we should install an answering machine, just like in IT Crowd: "Have you tried turning it off and on again? Did you make sure it really is plug'd in?")
I am doing it myself... even if it is slowly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n900d-i-y For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life