Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Netherlands
when coming a new version ? anybody knows ?

I think the video playback problem some people are reporting have something to do with the codecs the N9 uses. IIRC, PR 1.3 updated the codecs for smoother video playback, but even then I've been having some minor stuttering, but only with the default video player. Using OVP or the video players used by podcast apps didn't give me any stuttering. Smooth as butter.

Tried it both with and without FasterN9, so I'm more inclined to believe that this is a problem with the codecs and/or the default video player.

Still didn't try unstable FasterN9, but I think I have found interesting "undocumented feature"...

Before PR 1.3 my idle power consumption was around 5-8 mA. After updating to PR 1.3 it jumped to ~13 mA. I double-checked configured daemons, processes on the top of htop - everything seemed fine. So I gave up and accepted new increased idle power consumption as necessary evil of using PR 1.3.

As I mentioned earlier in my posts, when FasterN9 was installed on my N9, idle power consumption was even higher than right after updating to PR 1.3: ~17 mA. And now... after uninstalling FasterN9... my idle power consumption, miraculously, returned to it's pre-PR 1.3 value of 5-8 mA!

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
The stable version is awesome!!!

Has anyone actually experienced data corruption with version 1.1 specifically? I know the risk is there, but I was curious what real-world experience has been...

Originally Posted by Wowfunhappy View Post
Has anyone actually experienced data corruption with version 1.1 specifically? I know the risk is there, but I was curious what real-world experience has been...
I haven't experienced any data corruption whatsoever related to Faster N9 since moving from stable version to unstable version weeks ago. It's worked like a charm on my device.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Netherlands
Me to.....i have 4 weeks running the unstable version and it's really great !! much better than the stable version i think , sms , wazapp , picture's , facebook , twitter everything worked like a charm

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
It seems I have to thank Nokia that they Flashed my phone after fixing the USB port, I've installed Stable FasterN9, damn the phone is so smooth. One friend of mine came to me saying she's this close to selling this phone and buying a BB thanx to Lagging and Wazapp not delivering messages in time. Told him to calm down, I wipped out the old version of Wazapp, installed Cepi's latest version, the pumped in Faster N9, rebooted the phone, U should have seen the smile on her as she checked, then I installed Drop Cache just for the fun it and taught her how it work she constantly sending me Thank U messages, no more BB!

Thanx to all the Dev

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Muzimak,

I see what you've done there

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Muzimak,

I see what you've done there
Hahah U mean U saw what I've changed, U the only one that saw it, I was quick in Editing!