I'm saying if you are Multi-lingual... you can map the N900's keyboard for other characters but you cannot actually see them on the physical rubber buttons.

For the iPhone you can get physical keyboards that slide beneath the glass and you can choose which format you need. The iPhone is modular and it's vkb is better than the N900s. I have no problem with the N900s solution but this isn't true for everyone.

You can't exactly sell an English N900 to an arab.

Example: iPhone 4S and the iControlPad2 with Swivel-mount.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I'm saying if you are Multi-lingual... you can map the N900's keyboard for other characters but you cannot actually see them on the physical rubber buttons.

You can't exactly sell an English N900 to an arab.
Very true. And yet, you can't map the iPhone's hardware keyboard buttons for any language, since it lacks hardware buttons...

The iPhone is modular...
Say what? The iPhone is about as far from modular as you can get! It's a solid puck, with no replaceable or modifiable parts. (Maybe I've got the wrong idea of "modular" here?)

Example: iPhone 4S and the iControlPad2 with Swivel-mount.
Oooh, I just took a look at the iControlPad website, now that's a beautiful keyboard! They show it being used with an iPhone, with an Android phone, and with a tablet. The swiveling "phone holder" mount comes in four sizes, and sure looks like it would work with the N900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Also, people, keep in mind that the N900 has pretty decent SAR value.

Iphones have very high SAR. Same with the N9 (high SAR as well)
It's one of the things that bother me with it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Seriously, you people are making the psychical keyboard argument now?

THE END

Now before you guys start telling me how it would cost hundreds of dollars, $34.95.

http://www.wirelessground.com/iphone...-keyboard.html

Seriously, look at the keyboard, it's nearly identical to that of the N900's. How could you possibly even try to make that argument? It is almost insulting to any rational person.

The majority of the things coming out of the mouth of you fanatics are absolutely fallacious arguments.

On a side note: I thought this video was pretty damn amazing: Wouldn't it Be Great? - iPhone 5 LED Notification Indicator Concept, expecially when you read the comments. Most of you here are no better.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Hey, I could attach a photo of an N900 robot.
it's an add-on hardware..

let's don't go there (to h/w add ons)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Hey, I could attach a photo of an N900 robot.
it's an add-on hardware..

let's don't go there (to h/w add ons)
No you can't. Find me hardware to add on to my N900. I know that they sell a different battery back to accommodate the larger battery. I have the car charger. Tell me what other hardware addons can I buy - not some BS demo. I can post iPhone controlled helicopters that you can buy - for a reasonable price at that.

I dare you, post a link with a price tag and a buy button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
you honestly think an N900 cannot control a helicopter.

besides that, the N900 can charge or be charged by other smartphones,
it can quad boot (maemo + 3 other OS'es)
it can control a robot (as i said previously)
it can be used as a tv or xbox remote control.
it can jailbreak the PS3
its numerous keyboard shortcuts can do almost everything a PC does (screenshot, reload, open apps, zoom in/out... to name A FEW)
it supports mouse (and built-in virtual mouse) and usb sticks

comparing the iphone with the N900 proves you don't know what you're talking about.

it has the best multitasking ever created on a smartphone
a pretty good SAR value
dual speakers
camera lens cover
full flash web experience
its OS is fully customizeable
its qwerty makes it a great video game emulator

and so many more i'm tired to include now

sure it lacks apps and hype but it is light years smarter than an iphone

It's apples (literally) vs oranges my man.

even the N8 destroys the Iphone. check the "it's not technology, it's what you do with it" promo on youtube

* sorry for typo. just watched "the walking dead"
: p

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Siren vampire trolling, here I come!

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
, look at the keyboard, it's nearly identical to that of the N900's. How could you possibly even try to make that argument? It is almost insulting to any rational person.
Oh yeah! A bluetooth (de)tachable (and thus, lose-able) lame keyboard that comes with an additional set of batteries you need to remember to charge. What a GREAT idea! Who could EVER possibly want something else?

Now go troll somewhere else, we have true pros here.
Or at least try to stop sounding like one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
No you can't. Find me hardware to add on to my N900. I know that they sell a different battery back to accommodate the larger battery. I have the car charger. Tell me what other hardware addons can I buy - not some BS demo. I can post iPhone controlled helicopters that you can buy - for a reasonable price at that.

I dare you, post a link with a price tag and a buy button.
How about ANY bluetooth peripheral like the one mentioned above by "someone" a few posts ago (and since Maemo does not use a crappy bluetooth
stack, you're not limited to a set of fixed profiles, but can use whatever dark protocol you feel like using)? Any USB device (including but not limited to an _actual_ iPhone in peripheral mode)?

Seriously, "how can any rational person use this argument"?

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Siren vampire trolling, here I come!

Oh yeah! A bluetooth (de)tachable (and thus, lose-able) lame keyboard that comes with an additional set of batteries you need to remember to charge. What a GREAT idea! Who could EVER possibly want something else?

Now go troll somewhere else, we have true pros here.
Or at least try to stop sounding like one.
Okay, now you are the troll.
We aren't discussing the iPhone v N900. We are discussing a jailbroken iPhone... BIG DIFFERENCE.

You can use ANY bt devices once its jailbroken, just like the N900.
Actually, perhaps more since its got a newer BT 4.0 chip which can accept data in the form of accelarometre, gyro, light sensor, gps, compass, barometre, nfc and more.

They were saying the N900 is more superior because it has a physical keyboard. I was saying the virtual keyboard isn't as bad as people say it to be, its definitely better than the N900's vkb.

And if you NEEDED a hwkbd you can get an accessory for it. Ofcourse, it adds thickness but the iPhone is thin... and together its about the same thickness as the N900 (may still be thinner).

And with the iPhone hwkbd, you can remove them. Replace them.
So if you need azerty or another keyboard type then its possible... but its not really possible to modify the N900's hwkbd.

For TMO members that actually put the N900's potential to use, it could be a better device than the latest iPhone. But it doesn't mean the iPhone can't do things that the N900 can do (ssh for most people). It also does the "normal things" generally easier.

So I agree, it seems like the OPEN device that was so revolutionary for its uses, is becoming more and more mediocre everyday and is eventually going to become obsolete.

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:

Tags
bateman v nerds, clueless ii, iphone doucher, neckbeards pwnd