Active Topics

Notices

New CT is great, I have 1 teeny tiny request...

Please drink a beer at my expense this weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
FINALLY! I can watch youtube videos in portrait mode, using in-built cutetube player. Thanks.
But there are some problems with it:
- minor: seeking proper place to put video at the beginning of the playback
- major: missing GUI elements (You only see cut off progress bar at the bottom of the screen).

What the heck I purchased this app yesterday in the store and payed with my phonebill. I got a transaction-id and all by SMS but it would not let me download it just said "maximum number of download attemps reached" even though I had just tried one time.

That error message was still there a day later and after reboot etc. So I have not been able to download it. Now when I go check it's back to normal but it says I have to pay for it again?! No thanks.

The Nokia store seems seriously buggy. It's not the first issue I've had. Had similar issues with their music store.

Mad.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
What the heck I purchased this app yesterday in the store and payed with my phonebill. I got a transaction-id and all by SMS but it would not let me download it just said "maximum number of download attemps reached" even though I had just tried one time.

That error message was still there a day later and after reboot etc. So I have not been able to download it. Now when I go check it's back to normal but it says I have to pay for it again?! No thanks.

The Nokia store seems seriously buggy. It's not the first issue I've had. Had similar issues with their music store.

Mad.
Please complain to Nokia and get a refund. I don't want to take your money if you aren't getting what you paid for. Unfortunately, publishers have virtually no say over distribution and payment matters.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by artpra View Post
FINALLY! I can watch youtube videos in portrait mode, using in-built cutetube player. Thanks.
But there are some problems with it:
- minor: seeking proper place to put video at the beginning of the playback
- major: missing GUI elements (You only see cut off progress bar at the bottom of the screen).
What version are you using? Current Harmattan version uses stock video player.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Please complain to Nokia and get a refund. I don't want to take your money if you aren't getting what you paid for. Unfortunately, publishers have virtually no say over distribution and payment matters.
I filled a complaint yesterday. Let's see when they answer it.

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
What version are you using? Current Harmattan version uses stock video player.
N900 with 1.4.1.
Another (minor) bug (text field needs dynamic resize feature to be able to show full transfer title):

edit
to help You understand "major: missing GUI elements (You only see cut off progress bar at the bottom of the screen)", take a look:

As You can see, playback control GUI elements are missing, so for example to return back to search results, I must put playback to the end and wait for it to stop etc.

Last edited by artpra; 2012-10-25 at 09:48.

saw some people saying about xtube here and there...is it cuteTube for frementle or Harmattan?

@marxian does cuteTube feature homescreen feeds integration?

Originally Posted by artpra View Post
As You can see, playback control GUI elements are missing, so for example to return back to search results, I must put playback to the end and wait for it to stop etc.
I see. I assumed that you were referring to the Harmattan version because the Fremantle version doesn't support video playback in potrait mode. The video player is fixed to landscape in my code. Are you using something that overrides this and forces portrait mode?

I did not implement portrait playback, because I assumed that it would not work, based on previous experience. If I can get it working without forced rotation, I will include it in the next update.

The transfer delegate should a maximum of two lines, but I only tested using the default font. The font you are using has smaller line spacing, which results in the third line being partly visible.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
saw some people saying about xtube here and there...is it cuteTube for frementle or Harmattan?

@marxian does cuteTube feature homescreen feeds integration?
XTube is for Fremantle only. The Harmattan version has event feed integration. It shows your latest subscription videos, so you need to be signed in to a YouTube/Dailymotion account to use it.

My website

GitHub

Tags
youtube