Poll: Which one would you buy?
Poll Options
Which one would you buy?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I would get a Windows Phone if at least that stupid piece of OS supported background sockets. If you run an SSH client in a Lumia 920, and switch applications, you lose the SSH session (it disconnects). How lame is that!!!

Not even Android and iOS that are terrible OS's do that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Already have a N9, and not too keen on buying a phone with a potato OS and an abysmal amount of good games.

If given the money I'd just buy a Note 10.1.

I won't buy any other phone again unless it is N900 successor

The Following User Says Thank You to Zero Six For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Philippines
I already have an N9, so Lumia 920 for me!

Plus, the yellow and red = beautiful.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I would get a Windows Phone if at least that stupid piece of OS supported background sockets. If you run an SSH client in a Lumia 920, and switch applications, you lose the SSH session (it disconnects). How lame is that!!!

Not even Android and iOS that are terrible OS's do that.
Ask for it, and you might get it. Like Bluetooth file sharing. Counters App. Network Data offloading. Its software, it can be changed.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
I think you should try a wp7 in the store or from a friend first.
I think when it comes to speed you'll definately notice the improvement compared to the n9.

Wp8 will only be better.

Totally depends what you want with your phone.

I am most likely exchanging the n9 for a wp8 (lumia 920).
If i look at all the features that come with it out of the box (kids corner, data sense, wordflow keyboard), and how its integrated with social networks, email, calendar, skydrive etc. wp8 would be my choice.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
...N9 disadvantages?
bad battery life.
How is that bad? I mean, it's nowhere as good as old Symbians but on comparable level with the latest (I can only compare to E7 and C6 and the battery life is quite similar)

N9 battery lasts way longer than any Androids I have used... for iphone I cannot say by myself but I have heard they are not so good on it... for Lumia 920, who knows? It's impossible to say yet what the battery life will be but considering faster CPU and larger screen I am fairly sure it's not remarkably better than N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
In my opinion it's really a simple choice:

Wich phone will solve your needs, of a mobile device, best regardless of specs, OS and brand

Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Ask for it, and you might get it. Like Bluetooth file sharing. Counters App. Network Data offloading. Its software, it can be changed.
It's Microsoft, it won't be changed!

Nice going by supporting Microsoft. I rather see Nokia die than succeed with WP.