Active Topics

Does anybody here have their n900 overclocked to 1150 ghz without any issues? The highest I have mine at is 950 stable. After that it crashes within 5 min depending on how hot the room temp is. I would like to keep my n900 at 1150 ghz at all times but can't seem to keep it from crashing. Is there a script I can use to do this? I like watching videos and alot of videos these days are on high hd resolutions which tend to be slow on my n900. The lower resolution videos play ok. This is the only setback I have with this device. I have had this for 2 years now and can't seem to give it up for another for the exception of maybe the s3 or note but they are just too expensive for me. Any help with either keeping my n900 at 1150 without crashing or getting steaming high resolution to play at normal speed is appreciated.

Mine seems to be stable on 500-1100MHz on lv profile (I don't use it a lot, but I scored 130 k/s in cracking wpa by aircrack-ng )
Running daily on dsp profile with 250-900MHz (good battery life and quite fast)
Try to use higher minimum frequency.
But do you really need 1150MHz ?
Youtube videos plays very well on cutetube-qml on 480p

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
mine 950mhz with DSP profile is stable and i made a stand with a cooling fan for my n900

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
You shouldn't use your phone at this frequency for long time use.

- First, the chip is not designed to run at those freq.
- Second, not all N900 are equal in how they can handle this. So some will be able to, other not or using very highvoltage not recommanded if you want to keep your N900 alive for long time

And again, overclock your N900 to thos kindd of freq will make you phone age quickier than normal and you may face system file trouble or problem of that kind.

Now the usual warning have been done, back to your problem, did you disable SmartReflex when you configured freq to 1150 MHz?

Originally Posted by volcal View Post
Does anybody here have their n900 overclocked to 1150 ghz without any issues? The highest I have mine at is 950 stable. After that it crashes within 5 min depending on how hot the room temp is. I would like to keep my n900 at 1150 ghz at all times but can't seem to keep it from crashing. Is there a script I can use to do this? I like watching videos and alot of videos these days are on high hd resolutions which tend to be slow on my n900. The lower resolution videos play ok. This is the only setback I have with this device. I have had this for 2 years now and can't seem to give it up for another for the exception of maybe the s3 or note but they are just too expensive for me. Any help with either keeping my n900 at 1150 without crashing or getting steaming high resolution to play at normal speed is appreciated.
Spent 2 months using it at 250-1150Mhz. Still works.

1150GHz??? Good luck with that endeavor. No wonder it doesn't run at such frequency.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
1150GHz? Did you manage to steal one of them Graphene chips off IBM's research facility and reball them into your N900?

On a more serious note, 1150MHz on the N900 works on very few devices. And even on those that do work, you'll need to push your voltage up to the maximum, which burns battery life like crazy.

Leave your overckock at 850MHz. It'll run a lot better and stabler that way.

1150MHz?!

You know there are much easier ways to destroy your n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
why you need your n900 to be overclocked that high? and people plz share your profiles here so that could be easy to find wats better clockrate and settings