Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
This is still alright on a small scale routong within the city, but I think I'm not gonne rely on maps if I want a long distance routing... I'm aure it'll take me all over the country if I do

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I tried your route in maps.nokia.com and it seems there that the routing is correct. Maybe maps/parameters are not the same.

So next time, avoid using offline maps, better connect to the internet to have accurate routing . I'm joking off course!

Are you sure to have the latest maps? Did you check your parameters? Just asking...
Attached Images

Last edited by Jordi; 2012-11-04 at 07:27. Reason: Clarified my thoughts and added proposal to control maps and parameters.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
Don't be silly now Lumiaman, the Lumia is just as bad when it comes to routing as ALL the other Nokias using Nokia Maps.

The application is great, but the routing algorithm has always been crap, it's something I've moaned to Nokia directly through feedback, and to Nokia Beta Labs about for years.

Sadly not many people seem to notice this issue and Nokia Maps is constantly praised for being up there with the best navigation apps, so I doubt Nokia will ever pay it much attention.

I still use my Nokia E7 with Sygic GPS for my sat nav duties, the routing is a million miles better than Nokia Maps that just picks some ridiculous routes at times. Even on my new Nokia 808 it's still just as bad as always.

Nokia Maps gets you from A to B, just don't expect the optimum route.
Sorry to tell you, but you wrong.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 181 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bahrain
i dunno what you guys talkin' about. Everything is fine at my side, even living in the(2nd/3rd) smallest country of the world.. all the routes are regularly updated and and routing is also perfect. with the re-routing thing getting in action if you change route i think its perfect. Well atleast for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alee For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have used nokia maps/routing in quite a few european countries (finland, sweden, denmark, norway, estonia, poland, hungary, austria, germany, france, british isles, italy, slovenia, switzerland, slovakia, czechs) and some places in china, and it has never failed me. Granted, in some big cities the routes can be a bit roundabout but never far off from the optimal route. And outside cities, the routing is always optimal.

--------- edit --------

Forgot to mention, devices that I have used it on are 5230, E90, C6, E7, N9.
On all the devices it has performed equally well even as the UI is different.

Last edited by juiceme; 2012-11-04 at 13:53. Reason: added devices

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
@Jordi Thats the problem, it routes me well most of the time, but it goes haywire sometimes like completely nutsy...

@Lumiaman I don't have a Lumia, neither do I plan to buy it... Ever.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danested For This Useful Post:
happened to me a couple of times, but i think it was due to the map mods for lighting/traffic

The Following User Says Thank You to sillieidiot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
happened to me with both N9 and Lumia 900

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Sorry to tell you, but you wrong.
so..your Drive is in offline mode or online mode?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
so..your Drive is in offline mode or online mode?
His head is in offline mode