Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
1. Rename the "enter" button to "search", I think some apps can do that (like the Nokia store app).

2. Possibly add a dedicated "search" button.

Or just ignore my dumb first try
Dedicated confirmation buttons for search and comments will be included in 0.4.3.

Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
I found a possible issue with commenting: when I comment on a photo on my feed, the view returns to my feed, but the photo I commented on still has the old number of comments (if I view the comments, my comment will show up).

Might be a caching issue, but for consistency either the feed should be reloaded (slow), or that photo's comment count should be temporarily increased by one to make it correct (which should still be there if I comment on yet another photo before reloading my feed).
Yeah, that's a caching issue. Actually it's because the commenting page is pushed over the detail page. When removing it, the old detail page is shown again (with exactly the same content). I'll think of something..

The Following User Says Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
New bug. No matter how many comments a picture has, it is only accurate up to 8. Once it hits 8 comments it stops counting and continues showing only 8.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Dedicated confirmation buttons for search and comments will be included in 0.4.3.
Yeah, that's a caching issue. Actually it's because the commenting page is pushed over the detail page. When removing it, the old detail page is shown again (with exactly the same content). I'll think of something..
Can you please explain to this poster why his claims are incorrect:
http://mynokiablog.com/2012/11/06/fi...comment-697166
That there still is a possibility for uploading etc.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Can you please explain to this poster why his claims are incorrect:
http://mynokiablog.com/2012/11/06/fi...comment-697166
That there still is a possibility for uploading etc.
I've replied to that poster

I simply posted what is already stated on this thread and I think its sufficient

Not worth the developer's precious time posting to people who want to spread hate before doing some reading IMO...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-11-07 at 08:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
hi, you're right about suzypanpan problem, he told me, he delete some (pervert) comments...

Hi all,

unfortunately there is no weekly release today.

I'm trying to wrap my head around a stubborn little bug, which actually isn't really a bug but a process thing (how I handle errors and network stuff) which causes problems in some edge cases.

As the next release is planned as a stable release again (0.5.0) it makes no sense to release the version with the problems in it. Otherwise it wouuld not have additional features in it, so a developer release would be somewhat pointless as well.

So please stay tuned, either I will release the new stable version during the week or next weekend.

Cheers,
Dirk

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Playa Del Carmen, Q.Roo, México
Hell, I was eagerly awaiting the update! hahaha you're right no matter what you described. Good luck and good job!, Since I have you in my favorite Instago hahaha

Sorry for my English

Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Hi all,

unfortunately there is no weekly release today.

I'm trying to wrap my head around a stubborn little bug, which actually isn't really a bug but a process thing (how I handle errors and network stuff) which causes problems in some edge cases.

As the next release is planned as a stable release again (0.5.0) it makes no sense to release the version with the problems in it. Otherwise it wouuld not have additional features in it, so a developer release would be somewhat pointless as well.

So please stay tuned, either I will release the new stable version during the week or next weekend.

Cheers,
Dirk
love u @dirk

Hi all,

I finally got my head around the issue and uploaded the next public beta version: 0.5.0 (stable).

Dowload page (with changelog since last stable version 0.4.0): http://code.google.com/p/n9-developm....5.0_armel.deb

Direct download link: http://n9-development-sources.google....5.0_armel.deb

Here is the changelog from developer version 0.4.2:

* Added confirmation button for searching
* Added confirmation button for commenting
* Optimized search input behavior
* Fixed bug where user gallery and user followers may be visible at the same time
* Fixed network process, multiple errors should not cause problems anymore

About this version:

This version should be more stable as I've just ironed out some bugs and process related problems. Feature-wise it's pretty much the same as 0.4.2 (but I optimized the search a bit).

As ususal the version is tested on my N9 and runs pretty well. Please report all bugs or quirks you may find here or on the project page.

Some general things:

* I have deprecated all old links to public beta versions from the download page. You can still find all old versions by selecting "All downloads" instead of "Current downloads" in the search dropdown. Alternatively you can find all versions (including the developer releases) in the repository

* To keep track of feature request (mine and yours) I have started adding them to the issue list of the project. If you want to take a look and add some of your own you can do so here.

As usual more information and general stuff is posted on my n9 development blog.

Happy testing!

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
@dirk..why u soooo awesome??
thx again for the release..

~i found that i cant login into instago with ur latest release.test with older very no problem at all.what i'd done is install older version,login then install latest release.

Last edited by N9owner; 2012-11-12 at 19:18.

Tags
development, instago, instagram