Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by mac_kissack View Post
By "allow background data" do you mean "allow background connection" at Settings -> Internet connection ?
If yes, I did.

By pushmail do you mean push notifications.
I don't know how they got configured but eBuddy XMS shows when a message came in and also email messages.

When working, Wazapp also sent a notification when in background.

But currently it stays offline permanently.
by pushmail, i meant by configuring your email in Mail app, and set the email update option "Always up-to-date"

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Heh, only one person in my entire address-book (after contacts sync) that's using Whatsapp, I must be getting old :-/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
thanks this version works like a charm

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by snooky View Post
i ask because i wanted to do it atm but i saw some changes in the /bin folder like yowsup... think it wasn't there before, and i can't find it in client-folder of the dev version
keep yowsup, overwrite the rest.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Heh, only one person in my entire address-book (after contacts sync) that's using Whatsapp, I must be getting old :-/
maybe not, try adding country code and "+" symbol at the back of all your contact number =)

If you can do this, means registration works fine

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
maybe not, try adding country code and "+" symbol at the back of all your contact number =)

If you can do this, means registration works fine
not sure what you mean, it asked me for all of that when i went through the rego/install process, but there's no option to edit my existing no. in acct settings.

not sure what you mean, it asked me for all of that when i went through the rego/install process, but there's no option to edit my existing no. in acct settings.
I mean, in your Contact app, lets say you have contact named "Abcdef" and number "123456".

edit the number with country code and "+" sign, for example "+65123456" , and re-sync contact

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
jalyst,

You should be proud you have matured people as contacts who don't fall into Whatsapp and its ilk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
I mean, in your Contact app, lets say you have contact named "Abcdef" and number "123456".

edit the number with country code and "+" sign, for example "+65123456" , and re-sync contact
The one Whatsapp contact I have, received my test msg & just responded, isn't that good enough confirmation that I'm registered & working?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
jalyst,
You should be proud you have matured people as contacts who don't fall into Whatsapp and its ilk
The funny thing is my only contacts who's using it is a much older person (mid 60's), quite surprising

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-08 at 10:01.

The one Whatsapp contact I have, received my test msg & just responded, isn't that good enough confirmation that I'm registered & working?
yeap, wazapp working for you, no doubt about it

but, as for contact sync, its a bit trickey..I got one contact, which previously I forgot to put "+" in the contact book, didn't appear after I perform "Sync Contact" in Wazapp's Contact list,
but this contact did message me through WhatsApp before.
Then I go to contact book, add "+" to this contact's number, and "Sync Contact" again. Then this contact appear on Wazapp's Contact list.

Not sure which side at fault for this problem

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp