Reply
Thread Tools
danramos's Avatar
Posts: 4,666 | Thanked: 5,428 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
#21
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Isn't that (among other things) what bootmenu is for? ;-)
Bootmenu makes image backups on Nokia N8x0's? It's been a while but I don't remember it doing that.
__________________
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR
 

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,803 | Thanked: 4,471 times | Joined on Nov 2007
#22
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Bootmenu makes image backups on Nokia N8x0's? It's been a while but I don't remember it doing that.
It clones the root filesystem to a card. You can back that up any way you like, or simply clone it more than once on different cards, plus you have the original in the NAND flash to re-clone if you mess the card up.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
www.rzr.online.fr's Avatar
Posts: 1,009 | Thanked: 922 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
#23
Running the Post Mirror script ...
(/mnt/apt-src-maemo-diablo/var/postmirror.sh)

/bin/sh: 0: Can't open /mnt/apt-src-maemo-diablo/var/postmirror.sh

Post Mirror script has completed. See above output for any possible errors.
__________________
Notice: my posts are my own words, and unless specified those are not "Maemo Council" position which I am part of or other organization i am belonging to.

Please edit this page to attract attention to Maemo Council to any topic :

http://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Task:Comm...Q2_2014/Agenda


--

http://rzr.online.fr/q/please# Please support my #MeeGo #HarmattanDev #n9 / #n950club contribs :

http://rzr.online.fr/q/harmattan# Shared Repo over 1K projects .. *update url*
 
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,247 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
#24
Originally Posted by lma View Post
what is not allowed is redistribution of the proprietary bits.

If someone can send me a comprehensive list of the packages requiring a redistribution license, I will try to get one from Nokia.
__________________
3-time Maemo Community Council Member
Co-Founder, Hildon Foundation
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,803 | Thanked: 4,471 times | Joined on Nov 2007
#25
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
If someone can send me a comprehensive list of the packages requiring a redistribution license, I will try to get one from Nokia.
Not comprehensive (I have no idea about Harmattan for instance), but here's what I can think of:

There's also the non-free parts of extras, but those are generally not (C) Nokia. You can use something like
Code:
wget -q -O- http://repository.maemo.org/extras/dists/diablo/non-free/binary-armel/Packages.gz | zegrep '^(Package|Maintainer):'
to extract the maintainer email addresses though.
 
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,247 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
#26
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Not comprehensive (I have no idea about Harmattan for instance), but here's what I can think of:

There's also the non-free parts of extras, but those are generally not (C) Nokia. You can use something like
Code:
wget -q -O- http://repository.maemo.org/extras/dists/diablo/non-free/binary-armel/Packages.gz | zegrep '^(Package|Maintainer):'
to extract the maintainer email addresses though.
For those who have not heard, Nokia has agreed to transfer maemo.org, and all maemo software, tools and trademarks to the Hildon Foundation. The redistribution licenses still have to be identified and worked out.

Last call - please identify in the following thread any Nokia resources needed for Diablo and not residing on any subdomain of maemo.org

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88031
__________________
3-time Maemo Community Council Member
Co-Founder, Hildon Foundation
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
doomsday, orphaned

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08.