Notices

Originally Posted by Anthony1971 View Post
Thanks a lot man , you are learning quick hahahaha
Hey man, you are crazyyy!! (in a good sense, please moderator, don't ban my comment, Anthony is my friend). I don't like the combination of white/blue notifications that's why I'm using the old ones from Bojan. For me, they look way better.
My notification bubbles and sound are fine now, I've been testing wazapp for some hours and it is fixed. I recall the weird behaviour was when I had my battery charging (not sure if that's related to the issue).

The Following User Says Thank You to Dazsa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I think it may simply come down to the fact that very few of my phone contacts actually use WhatsApp.
LOL, what an anti-climax, I was really looking forward to finally giving this app a heavy/regular whirl!
That can't be true. I think *most* smartphone users are on Whatsapp. Even my 60 y.o. sister, my 55 y.o. brother, my 22 y.o. niece, my 19 y.o. nephew and my 18 y.o. son are on Whatspp. I suspect either a sync problem or (gasp!) almost all your contacts are still using dumbphones.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
That can't be true. I think *most* smartphone users are on Whatsapp. Even my 60 y.o. sister, my 55 y.o. brother, my 22 y.o. niece, my 19 y.o. nephew and my 18 y.o. son are on Whatspp. I suspect either a sync problem or (gasp!) almost all your contacts are still using dumbphones.
Not necessarily.

It can be true. People in some places might be using other forms of communications more than WhatsApp. Or maybe they actually talk face to face. Not everyone is on WhatsApp, or should be. Maybe your family is and many families are, but amongst the billions of mobile phone users in the world, only a couple millions use WhatsApp.

WhatsApp is also available for most "dumbphones" as well.

If it's not a sync problem, he's lucky for having contacts that don't look down at their phone all the time.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Sorry for asking this..but no commits for receiving time bugs? because currently it follows system's time, rather than the actual message's time being sent

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
I think it's a case of most of them using platforms it's not available on, or simply not bothering to use it, even if it's installed.
I was really surprised to have only 1x of my phone contacts using it, no fun in that, hopefully it'll improve over the next 6mth.

*side-note*
What's with all the noise constantly being posted on this thread, devs explicitly said to keep it clean of talk relating to dev builds.
There are other mechanisms/tools for providing feedback if you're using dev builds...

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-12 at 08:08.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ LEBANON
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
Sorry for asking this..but no commits for receiving time bugs? because currently it follows system's time, rather than the actual message's time being sent
i Agree with u on this ...

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
would You be so kind and share Your experiences with idle battery consumption with this latest Coderus 1011 build... "official" from wazapp.im had usual 15-17mA (2g+2MfE+wazapp), after Coderus 0811 installed consumption went upto 57mA...

[tw] @kegnatz

I'm having 25-40 mA average idle consumption

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I think it's a case of most of them using platforms it's not available on, or simply not bothering to use it, even if it's installed.
I was really surprised to have only 1x of my phone contacts using it, no fun in that, hopefully it'll improve over the next 6mth.
As Whatsapp is available on Android, ios, Symbian, Blackberry and Windows Phone the only living platform which doesn't have it is Bada which is a pretty niche one. There is also a java version for feature phones although few feature phone users will bother.

Guess what, the oldies use Whatsapp to communicate with their children. I guess most of your contacts may be old enough not to join the Whatsapp bandwagon but not old enough to have grown children.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
Hi Coderus,
For the first time I experienced some issues with your nightly_10112012_hotfix_armel version I downloaded yesterday night:

* Notification sound doesn't work only vibrates (it was working perfectly up to one .deb before).
* When my cel is in stanby and someone sends me two messages, I get two notification bubbles, this used to be per contact not per message:

I think I'll go back to the previous one (even if the change of status did not work on that one) until I wait for a fix. Thanks!

Edit: Notification only sounds when I receive an isolated message (let's say, after some time without using wazapp), when I exchange messages within a continuous period, it does not sound
I have no sound issues it works, these icon's i use also.
It's weird that you have 2 message icons from the same sender.
Did you deleted the the conversation from that certain person, while he was typing a message? And after deletion you enterd a new chat with that person right away It might be that wazapp got mixed up with it?

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp