Active Topics

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
I would love to get one. Count me in, for 1 item.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
that's the way you would do it i know, i know...
Yeah, because I am widely known for withholding information in order to gain some kind of power. Oh wait, I am not.

Originally Posted by misterc;1291554[list
you contact me by PM[*]i PM you an URL with all the OTTERBOX i can buy[*]you find the item of your desire click on the link to get to the webshop[*]you PM me the URL & the location to ship to[*]i check for cheapest shipping there[*]i setup item + shipping on ebay & PM URL[*]you buy it[*]when paypal reports the money i order & ship[*]no matter where you live, i don't ship there[/list]
EDIT: vi, don't bother posting more insults, you landed on my ignore list...
EDIT2: item is the OTTERBOX + local shipping
If they are so freely available, why do people have to order THROUGH you via a secret web shop with monies being handled by ebay? This reeks of bullsh1t. I would advise anyone with any sense to avoid this established chump.

On another note, boxwave make an aluminium case for the n900. It used to be quite expensive (50% more than the otterbox). However boxwave seem to be selling them on very cheap strait from their website.

They appear to be offering a 50% discount on the n900 case. They also do USA=>UK shipping for ~$11. They had 13 left and I just bought 2.

I wonder if it will be possible to split the case and use it in 2 halfs like the otterbox?

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
On another note, boxwave make an aluminium case for the n900.
I saw those, but I always worry about metallic cases. If you try to puncture a plastic/rubber case, like the Otter, it cracks and squishes. If you do so to aluminum, it bends. I'm not so sure the extra durability is worth the risk of a permanent puncture continuing to put pressure on the device between impact and case removal.

Kind of like cars or houses with plastic panels/siding vs aluminum. Plastic self-repairs more often, where the metal version just dents...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Hello,

After 4 mails I received an answer from the Otterbox product portfolio manager.

He was asking me if I was talking about nokia n900 or lumia 900.

In the subject of my mails it was clear: N900 otterbox case...

So as I feel they don't trust me too much or think it is not interesting for them, I'm going to send to everyone here interested via PM the mail of the Otterbox Product Manager so they will understand the real interest in a remake of the n900 case.

Are you going to send an email to that person?

Regards!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 48GX For This Useful Post:
If the manufacturer (my current one was "Made in China") still has the moulds, units should be easy enough to produce. You would need to find out what the smallest batch size is to know how many people to round up. Often it's '000s per run. Maybe they could make less and sell them for a higher price?

Alas, I suspect a lot of people, who had an Otterbox on their N900, probably binned their case when their phone (USB) died, instead of trying to resell on here or an auction site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 48GX View Post
Hello,

After 4 mails I received an answer from the Otterbox product portfolio manager.

He was asking me if I was talking about nokia n900 or lumia 900.

In the subject of my mails it was clear: N900 otterbox case...

So as I feel they don't trust me too much or think it is not interesting for them, I'm going to send to everyone here interested via PM the mail of the Otterbox Product Manager so they will understand the real interest in a remake of the n900 case.

Are you going to send an email to that person?

Regards!
i feel your pain but don't you feel like fighting a rear-guard fight?
Otterbox has moved on, as the answer pretty clearly proves.
"how could someone even (still) care about N900???"

and before some psychomaniac vi_ews this an attempt to promote my own business... i offered free services (ordering here, shipping) but i'm not going to pay for ppl to get a casing.
or give that kind of psychopath an indication of where i live.

somehow i understand that ppl like Arie decide to leave this community...

Here is the answer I received from Otterbox :

Thanks for your patience while I did some research on our end since I started at OtterBox in January and this request required a historical look-back which resulted in this model of case having been retired a while back. Unfortunately, we are no longer in a position to produce cases for that model device. We are appreciative for your interest in OtterBox protective solutions and look forward to serving your needs on other devices in the future.

shame.

regards!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 48GX For This Useful Post:
Thank you for trying 48GX.

The search continues!

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
[...]

Alas, I suspect a lot of people, who had an Otterbox on their N900, probably binned their case when their phone (USB) died, instead of trying to resell on here or an auction site.
maybe we are not talking about the same, but the Otterbox Drybox 2000 i got is not N900 specific in any way or form.
comfortably fits both a N900 and a N9 in its leather pouch.

many probably still use them either for other devices (the label mentions MP3 players), purses, documents and what not...

EDIT: wonder whether this justifies all that

Last edited by misterc; 2012-11-14 at 21:45.

thank you 48gx