Here Drive? What about the brand man? Nokia, get back to the golden ages where you were awesome. It probably won't happen again though...

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by mohannad View Post
Nokia Here.... such a stupid name! Im perfectly happy with the maps the N9 comes with.
it always seems stupid until you build a brand, plus its better than "nokia" which according to some people is obsolete.

m.maps.nokia.com work great on the N9.

Last edited by balisingh; 2012-11-16 at 05:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
it always seems stupid until you build a brand, plus its better than "nokia" which according to some people is obsolete.

m.maps.nokia.com work great on the N9.
You are right, I have just tried it and blimey... That page loads faster than the built in maps (locked my position, routed and satellite view too). Just needs 3d view imo

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Its not going to happen from what we can see...If Symbian has no updates planned there is fat hope for Harmattan...

I think Nokia Drive will be renamed to Here Drive from what I understand...Not very sure though...
In my opinion, Nokia drive will stay, just maps will be rebranded as Here maps.
I think I read somewhere (not even sure if it's in my imagination ) that drive as an app willbe exclusive to Lumia only and of course all other things will be also better.

But if you change the word order from "Here drive" to "Drive Here" does not sound so stupid

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by drvar View Post
In my opinion, Nokia drive will stay, just maps will be rebranded as Here maps.
I think I read somewhere (not even sure if it's in my imagination ) that drive as an app willbe exclusive to Lumia only and of course all other things will be also better.

But if you change the word order from "Here drive" to "Drive Here" does not sound so stupid
Honestly I'm not a fan of Here...It makes it sound too generic...

If it was Nokia Here it would be understandable but removing Nokia from the equation IMO doesn't help Nokia to get mind-share among consumers of all OSes...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Wales, UK
Isn't this why they got rid of "OVI"? And now they have Here... Learn from your history Nokia!

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Slovenia, Ljubljana
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Honestly I'm not a fan of Here...It makes it sound too generic...

If it was Nokia Here it would be understandable but removing Nokia from the equation IMO doesn't help Nokia to get mind-share among consumers of all OSes...
I to don't like rebranding the name.
Now nowbody will now (Average Joe at least), these maps are from Nokia itself.

wasn't it the plan that m$ offers NOKIA services for navigation and all that sort of things?
if so, it might simply be an other coward move from farthole to dismantle the brand and make it a "m$ division"

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Munich/ Germany
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
wasn't it the plan that m$ offers NOKIA services for navigation and all that sort of things?
if so, it might simply be an other coward move from farthole to dismantle the brand and make it a "m$ division"
Thatīs the intention since (why) ELOP comes!

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Munich/ Germany
Look at here:
http://http://m.here.net/#action=search&params={}&bmk=1
Than go to "about" and see platforms it works on !!

Last edited by appletN9; 2012-11-23 at 19:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to appletN9 For This Useful Post: